I am looking for descendents of Bazil / Bazzel Kimball/Kimbrell/Kimbel and Charity Brewer.
Bazil was b. 1801 in Rockingham County, N. Carolina m. Dec. 24, 1824 in Lawrence Co., Tennessee to Charity Brewer b. 1805 in Moore Co., N. Carolina.
Children of Bazil and Charity (that I know of):
* William b. 1829 in Tennessee d. 1865 Kimbel Springs, Searcy Co. Ark(he was a member of the Peace Society and was hung and shot) m. Providence Matilda Norman abt. 1849 in Searcy Co., Ark. (Who did Providence marry after William died?)
* George b. 1825 in Tennessee
* Polly b. 1827 in Tennessee
* Sally b. 1830 in Tennessee
* Elisabeth b. 1833 in Tennessee
* Rebecca b. 1837 in N. Carolina
* Bazil b. 1839 in Tennessee
* Elisa b. 1841 in Tennessee
* John b. 1843 in Alabama
* Patsy J. b. 1847 in Arkansas
* Mahala J. b. Feb. 1850 in Arkansas
This family is found in 1850 in Campbell Twshp., Searcy Co., Arkansas, the last name is spelled Kimball. Bazil Sr., occupation is shown as blacksmith. All of the above children are living with Bazil and Charity with the exception of William who has his own home.
William is married and has a daughter Ruth Angelina b. abt. Jan. 1850 in Ark.
In 1860 the family is living in Bearcreek Twshp, Searcy Co., Arkansas, the last name is spelled Kimbel. The only children living with Bazel and Charity are Bazil, John and Patsy Jane. Bazil Sr. and Jr. are both shown as farmers.
William is also living in Bear Creek Twshp with his wife Providence Matilda and their children:
Ruth b. 1850
Rachael b. 1852 (full name Rachael Noe)
Margarett b. 1854
Rosanna b. 1856
Rebecca b. 1858 (full name Sarah Rebecca)
In 1870 Bazil and Charity are living in Bearcreek Twshp, in Searcy Co., Ark. None of the children are living with them. However, their son John is living next to them. Both Bazil and John's occupations are shown as blacksmiths.
John is married to Ada M. (unknown maiden name, may possibly be a widow of a Roberts.)
Children shown living in this household:
John W. Kimbrel b. abt. 1857 in Ark.
Nancy J. Kimbrel b. Mar. 1870 in Ark.
Rebecca Roberts b. 1855 in Ark.
I have not found William's family in 1870 as of yet. After the 1860 census two more children were born:
Lavina Kimbrell b. 1863
William Riley Kimbrell b. 10-31-1866
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|