I don't know if I can help or not but alot of the Kliest or Kleist were from Eau Claire Wis. Pepin County I have cousins born in 1942-49 but they live in Ill. All their descendants came from Eau Claire Wis. August Julius Kleist changed his name to Kliest to pronounce it better in English. He came to Wis. from Germany around 1871. He was married twice so there are 2 groups I don't have his first wifes name but her children were
1. Julius who married Elsie, they had 5 children.
2, Elizabeth who married Chris Johnson and had 3 children.
3. Anne who married Henry Schroder.
From August's second wife Amelia Florkosky they had 8 children. Your relative would have been born from ones of these or maybe from August's Brother or Sister
1. Herman married Violet Herring-Altoona Wis.
2. Rudolf married Ida Gerber (My Line-Wis, ILL & Texas
3. William married Ruby Jackson Wisconsin & Mexico
4. George married Emma Hartsfelt in Wisconsin
5. Ida married ? Hawkins in Calif. area
6. Dorothra married Fred Nowak in Wisconsin
7. Amanda married Ed Gaustad in Wisconsin
8, August married Jean Philips lived in Calif. area
Hope that may have helped some keep in touch
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|