Here is some Klinck info I have uncovered over the years that has to do with David and Ruth Smith Klinck and their descendants and ancestors. I would love to have more information for your descendancy line if you would send it to my email address. This is not meant to be totally inclusive, but only to supply what I have uncovered in my research. I hope it helps you with yours! As the numbers by the names show, I have information for other areas of the Klinck line, but I have limited this to your family line as much as possible.
Descendants of J.Jacob Klinck
Generation No. 1
1. J.JACOB2 KLINCK (?1) was born Abt. 1730. He married MARGARETHA FICHTER.
Notes for J.JACOB KLINCK: Full name was Johann Jacob Klinck.
left their parish in Plattengardt, Wuerttemburg, Germany, about 20 miles south of
present-day Stuttgart, in 1754 for Philadelphia, Pa, where they settled briefly in Hanover Co., Pa. By the late 1760's, baptismal records show that this couple and another Klinck family (George Klinck) are living in New York state in Dutchess Co. and have settled near Rhinebeck, NY where a number of German families of Wuerttemburg Lutheran origin have established a church. (St. Paul's Lutheran Church of Wuerttemburg). Many refugees from Wuerttemburg left Germany, not because of religious persecution like the Palentines, but more because of economic hardship.
Between 1784 & 1785 J.Jacob and Michael attended the same church, Gilead Lutheran Church, in Brunswick, NY. (now a part of Rensselaer Co.).
More About J.JACOB KLINCK: Emigration: 1754, from Wuerttemburg, Germany to Philadelphia, Pa with wife and oldest three children, Michael, Frederick, and George
Moved: Abt. 1768, late 1860's, near Rhinebeck, Dutchess Co., New York
Occupation: carpenter, Religion: Abt. 1768, Lutheran, a number of families of Wuerttemburg Lutheran origin established a church in Rhinebeck, New York
Children of J.JACOB KLINCK and MARGARETHA FICHTER are:
i. J.MICHAEL3 KLINCK, b. August 15, 1748.
Notes for J.MICHAEL KLINCK: Full name was Johann Michael Klinck
Lived in present-day Coeysman Twp near a village called Aquetuck ca 1780 farming. That year he was arrested as a suspected Tory sympathiser and forced to pay bail money for his release from custody.
More About J.MICHAEL KLINCK: Emigration: 1754
ii. J.FREDERICH KLINCK, b. February 18, 1752.
Notes for J.FREDERICH KLINCK:
Full name was Johann Fredrich Klinck. Joined the Dutchess Co. Rangers on the patriot side during the revolution.
iii. J.LUDWIG (AKA Leonard) KLINCK, b. May 25, 1754.
2. iv. JOHN CLINCK, b. Bet. 1755 - 1758
3. v. J.GEORG KLINCK, b. 1760, Albany, Albany Co., NY; d. 1812, Colonie, Albany Co., NY.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN3 CLINCK (J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born Bet. 1755 - 1758 in from Germany?. He married PHOEBE THORNTON. Notes for JOHN CLINCK: possibly Johannes Clink who shows up in the 1790 Albany Co NY census and no more. Johannes is in the same general area as these other Clinks.
According to data received from Jacob's will dated 8/16/1801, received 9/12/02,
John (residence Albany Co, NY in 1801)is the known father of Jacob, David, Gideon, William, John, Catherine, Mary, & Sarah, and is believed to be the father of Stephen, James T.(Thornton?), and George as well. Stephen named a son David THORNTON Clink which connects him to Phoebe Thornton, and James and George are known brothers of Stephen. Also, in Jacob's will, he gives 3 parts of his inheritance to his sister, Catherine, after his father's death. I believe this was for the 3 minor children - Stephen, James and George who she was to take care of until their maturity.
Children of JOHN CLINCK and PHOEBE THORNTON are:
4. i. DAVID4 KLINCK, b. December 25, 1775, NY; d. November 17, 1823, Connersville, Fayette Co., Ind.
5. ii. WILLIAM CLINK, SR, b. February 1777, Ct/NY?.
6. iii. JOHN CLINK, b. Abt. 1779, NY.
7. iv. MARY CLINK, b. October 22, 1780, Dutchess Co., NY - NY confirmed by 1850 census information; d. 1869, buried in Terry family cemetery. It is located at the corner of Route 143 and Stott Drive in Coeymans Hollow. Apparently, when Stott Drive was put in, part of the cemetery was removed.
v. PHOEBE CLINK, b. Abt. 1783.
8. vi. STEPHEN HENRY CLINK, b. August 02, 1786, Possiby Pougkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY?; d. April 04, 1871, Erin Twp, Wellington, Ont., Canada?Possibly in Esquesing Twp with daughter Jane.
vii. SARAH A. CLINK, b. 1787, per tombstone, possibly Dutchess Co., NY; d. 1809, Coeysmans, Albany Co., NY; m. JAMES P. TERRY, 1807, Coeymans, Albany Co., NY.
9. viii. JAMES T. CLINK, b. July 23, 1788, Albany, New York - d. 1866-1877, Saltfleet, Wentworth Co, Ontario, Canada.
10. ix. GEORGE CLINK, b. January 28, 1791, NY; d. December 16, 1861, Vallejo, Solano Co., CA.
x. CATHERINE CLINCK, b. Unknown; m. PETER RANDALL.
xi. GIDEON CLINCK, b. Unknown.
xii. J.JACOB CLINCK, b. Unknown; d. 1801, Clinton Twp, Dutchess Co., NY.
Generation No. 3
4. DAVID4 KLINCK (JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born December 25, 1775 in NY, and died November 17, 1823 in Connersville, Fayette Co., Ind. He married RUTH SMITH Bef. July 1799 in NY, daughter of JOSEPH SMITH and MARY SWARTOUT.
More About DAVID KLINCK: Census: 1820, Connersville Twp Fayette Co., IN Occupation: Miller
Children of DAVID KLINCK and RUTH SMITH are:
14. i. PHOEBE5 KLINCK, b. Bet. March 01 - May 10, 1800, NY; d. February 17, 1886, Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL.
15. ii. MARY KLINCK, b. September 22, 1801, NY.
iii. EUNICE KLINCK, b. April 22, 1803, Ny.
iv. SALLY KLINCK, b. March 30, 1805, NY.
16. v. JOSEPH SMITH KLINCK, born in Caledonia, Genesee Co., NY, gravestone says born 12/26/1806 - d. March 15, 1890, Algonquin Twp, McHenry Co., ILL. Obit in Crystal Lake, McHenry Co, IL newspaper says b12/22/1806 - d3/28/1890 - don't know which is corrct.
vi. LUTHER KLINCK, b. October 17, 1808, NY.
vii. RUTH KLINCK, b. February 11, 1810.
17. viii. GIDEON THORNTON KLINCK, b. March 23, 1812; d. November 06, 1893, Whitley Co., Ind.
18. ix. ZERVINA KLINCK, b. October 05, 1813, Fayette Co., IN; d. July 25, 1846, Shelby Co., IND.
19. x. JOHN GEORGE KLINCK, b. June 04, 1816, OH.
xi. GEORGE KLINCK, b. 1817.
xii. LUTHER KLINCK, b. Abt. 1818.
xiii. EMMALINE KLINCK, b. February 14, 1819.
xiv. DAVID KLINCK, b. 1821.
Generation No. 4
14. PHOEBE5 KLINCK (DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born Bet. March 01 - May 10, 1800 in NY, and died February 17, 1886 in Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL. She married ISAAC SMITH. Notes for PHOEBE KLINCK: Another record for her birth says 3/10/1800 instead of 5/10/1800.
Children of PHOEBE KLINCK and ISAAC SMITH are:
i. RACHEL6 SMITH, b. Bet. 1822 - 1830.
ii. SETH SMITH, b. 1831.
iii. JOHN SMITH, b. 1834.
iv. ISAAC SMITH, b. 1839.
v. JOSEPH SMITH, b. 1841.
15. MARY5 KLINCK (DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born September 22, 1801 in NY. She married WILLIAM C. KELLY December 27, 1838 in Franklin Co., Ind.
Children of MARY KLINCK and WILLIAM KELLY are:
i. DAVID6 KELLY, b. 1839.
ii. JOHN G. KELLY, b. December 18, 1841.
iii. JOSEPH KLINCK KELLY, b. June 08, 1845.
iv. FERNANDO KELLY, b. 1856.
v. ORLANDO KELLY, b. 1856.
16. JOSEPH SMITH5 KLINCK (DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born Bet. December 22 - 26, 1806 in Caledonia, Genesee Co., NY, gravestone says born 12/26/1806, and died March 15, 1890 in Algonquin Twp, McHenry Co., ILL. He married (1) ELVIRA HUNTINGTON December 30, 1829 in Shelby Co., Ind. He married (2) ABIGAIL FERRIS March 02, 1834 in Shelby Co., Ind. He married (3) MARY MCGEE Aft. 1844, daughter of MCVITTY MCGEE and ?. He married (4) MARTHA MARGARETHA MAGEE Bef. 1877. More About JOSEPH SMITH KLINCK: Census: 1850, Algonquin, McHenry Co., IL
Children of JOSEPH KLINCK and ABIGAIL FERRIS are:
57. i. JUSTUS F.6 KLINCK, b. 1836, IL.
ii. ISAAC SMITH KLINCK, b. January 1839, aft 1900; m. MARY.
iii. RUTH B. KLINCK, b. December 14, 1842, Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL; d. November 05, 1843, Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL.
Child of JOSEPH KLINCK and MARY MCGEE is:
iv. FRANK6 KLINCK, b. Abt. 1865.
More About FRANK KLINCK: Census: 1880, Algonquin, McHenry Co., IL boarding with another family. Was he working there?
Children of JOSEPH KLINCK and MARTHA MAGEE are:
58. v. LEONA6 KLINCK, b. 1877.
vi. MARY ELIZABETH KLINCK, b. February 1880; m. ? GALVIN.
17. GIDEON THORNTON5 KLINCK (DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born March 23, 1812, and died November 06, 1893 in Whitley Co., Ind. He married (1) FANNIE WILLIAMS November 02, 1834 in Fayette Co., Ind, daughter of JONAS WILLIAMS and SALLIE ?. He married (2) ELIZABETH HORNADAY August 06, 1840 in Fayette Co., IN. He married (3) ANNA M. ALLEN August 20, 1881 in Kosciusko Co., IN.
Notes for GIDEON THORNTON KLINCK: was born in the State of New York March 23, 1810, and was the son of David an d Ruth (Smith) Klinck; the father of German descent, and the mother native of Massachusetts. Th e father was a miller, and died in Fayette County, Ind., and the mother died in Shelby County. Our subject attended school in Connersville, Fayette County, and afterward learned saddle and harness making, serving an apprenticeship of four years, and working as a jouneyman off and on for ten years. In 1832 or 1833, he was married, in Fayette County, to Miss Fannie Williams, a native of that county, and daughter of Jonas and Sallie Williams; born in New York, and died in Fayette County, Ind. Our subject first kept house in Shelby county, but soon returned to Fayette , where Mrs. Klinck died. In 1840, our subject married Miss Elizabeth Hornaday, a native of Nor th Carolina. Soon after this marriage, he removed to Illinois, made a pre-emption, and then traded for eighty acres in this township, to which he removed in 1842;cleared twenty-five or thirty acres, sold, purchased eighty acres of his present farm, and added, by degrees, till he owned 325 acres, 160 of which were under cultivation. He gave some attention to live stock, and sold annually fifteen head cattle, six horses, hogs - fifteen, sheep - fifteen to twenty. He served as Township Treasurer one term. By his first wife he had one daughter-Olive, who is deceased; and by his second marriage, three children, viz.: Horace (was taken prisoner at Chattanooga, exchanged, and there died), Anna and Sarah E., both married, and living, in Thorn Creek .
Children of GIDEON KLINCK and FANNIE WILLIAMS are:
i. OLIVE6 KLINCK, b. Unknown.
ii. GIDEON T, KLINCK, b. Unknown; m. ANNA M. ALLEN, August 20, 1881, Kosciusko Co., IN.
Children of GIDEON KLINCK and ELIZABETH HORNADAY are:
iii. HORACE6 KLINCK, d. died in the Civil War.
iv. ANNA KLINCK.
v. SARAH E. KLINCK.
18. ZERVINA5 KLINCK (DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born October 05, 1813 in Fayette Co., IN, and died July 25, 1846 in Shelby Co., IND. She married HENRY DARBY HUNTINGTON January 26, 1834.
Children of ZERVINA KLINCK and HENRY HUNTINGTON are:
i. EUNICE MARION6 HUNTINGTON, b. April 03, 1835, Shelby Co., IND; d. January 26, 1920, ?.
ii. HANNAH CURTIS HUNTINGTON, b. December 23, 1836, Shelby Co., IND; d. January 05, 1839, Shelby Co., IND.
iii. EDWIN RUTHVEN HUNTINGTON, b. September 28, 1839, Shelby Co., IND; d. January 13, 1925, Washington.
iv. RUTH ELVIRA HUNTINGTON, b. October 17, 1841, Shelby Co., IND; d. October 27, 1872, ?.
v. LUCIA ALMIRA HUNTINGTON, b. January 13, 1844, Shelby Co., IND; d. November 22, 1849, Shelby Co., IND.
vi. ZERVIA EMMELINE HUNTINGTON, b. May 26, 1846, Shelby Co., IND; d. August 13, 1872, ?.
19. JOHN GEORGE5 KLINCK (DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born June 04, 1816 in OH. He married SUSANNAH ALLEN.
More About JOHN GEORGE KLINCK: Census: 1850, Whitley Co., IN
Children of JOHN KLINCK and SUSANNAH ALLEN are:
i. CATHERINE B.6 KLINCK, b. 1838, IL.
ii. EMALINE KLINCK, b. April 02, 1839, IN; m. JOSHUA HILL, July 03, 1856.
iii. DAVID A. KLINCK, b. 1841, IN.
iv. MERIAH KLINCK, b. 1844, IN.
v. MARY E. KLINCK, b. 1846, IN.
vi. GIDEON L. KLINCK, b. 1849, IN.
vii. JOSEPH SMITH KLINCK, b. December 07, 1859, Ind; m. EFFIE JANE LATSON, April 06, 1884, Lorraine, Polk Co., WS.
Generation No. 5
57. JUSTUS F.6 KLINCK (JOSEPH SMITH5, DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born 1836 in IL. He married (1) FANNY ?. He married (2?) HANNAH ?. Notes for HANNAH ? Fanny and Hannah may be the same person. The names are very similar.
Child of JUSTUS KLINCK and FANNY ? is:
i. IDA7 KLINCK, b. 1860.
Children of JUSTUS KLINCK and HANNAH ? are:
ii. JOSEPH7 KLINCK, b. 1861.
iii. ALICE KLINCK, b. 1863.
iv. HARRIET KLINCK, b. 1865.
58. LEONA6 KLINCK (JOSEPH SMITH5, DAVID4, JOHN3 CLINCK, J.JACOB2 KLINCK, ?1) was born 1877. She married CARL J. T. ZANGE October 22, 1896 in McHenry Co, IL.
Child of LEONA KLINCK and CARL ZANGE is:
i. EDWARD MCVITTY7 ZANGE, b. December 10, 1916, McHenry Co., IL; d. October 1976, Elgin, IL.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|