Carole, A fellow Klinck researcher and I have done alot of work on trying to find the parents of a group of Klincks from the New York area. We believe we have located those parents and believe them to be John George Klinck (AKA: Johann/Hans Georg Klinck)and Phoebe Thornton. The proving of this is somewhat elusive as most records are non- existant or undiscovered, but we think we have found some convincing evidence to support our theory which I am including here. Also, you will see that the information for your line is very sparce. I would appreciate and information you can share with me. I am not directly descended from David or Joseph's line, but I am descended from James T. Clink, David's brother.
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN GEORGE2 KLINCK (?1) was born Abt. 1740 in Germany. He married (1) THERESIA ? Bef. 1766. He married (2) PHOEBE THORNTON Abt. 1773, probable daughter of THOMAS THORNTON and HOPE KING.
Notes for JOHN GEORGE KLINCK:
According to data received from son Jacob's will dated 8/16/1801, received 9/12/02,John is the known father of Jacob, David, Gideon, William, John, Catherine, Mary, & Sarah.
While not absolutely certain, there is strong evidence that John's brother may have been (J.)Jacob Klinck born in the 1720's, a carpenter from Plattenhardt, Wuerttemberg, Germany and his wife Margaretha Fichter who left their village because of economic hardship that had gripped Wuertemberg for several years in the 1750's.In noting the departure of the Jacob Klinck family from Ludwigsburg in the Duchy of Wuerttemberg, their Lutheran Minister recorded that in 1754 the family had "gone to Pennsylvania" and that Jacob had to sell his children's property in order to pay for the voyage. It is thought that John George was his brother and came with him or shortly afterwards since they both settled in Dutchess County NY about the same time.
Notes for PHOEBE THORNTON:
this may not be her birthdate or place of birth. It is the birthdate & place of the daugther, Phoebe, of Thomas & Hope Thornton, but certain similarities indicate that these may be one and the same person.
Children of JOHN KLINCK and first wife, THERESIA ? are:
2. i. CATHARINA3 KLINCK, b. October 10, 1766, Wuertemburg, Dutchess Co., NY.
ii. MARGARETHA KLINCK, b. April 16, 1769, Wuertemburg, Dutchess Co., NY. More About MARGARETHA KLINCK: Christening: May 10, 1769, Wuertemburg St Pauls Lutheran Church, Dutchess Co., NY
iii. JACOB KLINCK, b. July 30, 1770.
More About JACOB KLINCK: Baptism: September 16, 1770, St. Pauls Lutheran church
Children of JOHN KLINCK and 2nd wife, PHOEBE THORNTON are:
3. iv. JOHN3 CLINK, b. May 29, 1774, Clinton Twp, Dutchess Co., NY; d. Bef. 1850, Auburn, Susquehanna Co., PA.
4. v. DAVID KLINCK, b. December 25, 1775, NY; d. November 17, 1823, Connersville, Fayette Co., Ind.
5. vi. WILLIAM CLINK, SR, b. February 1777, Ct/NY?.
vii. GIDEON CLINCK, b. Bet. 1778 - 1779. Notes for GIDEON CLINCK:Known son of John and brother of Jacob, John, David, William, Catherine, Mary & Sarah
6. viii. MARY CLINK, b. October 22, 1780, Dutchess Co., NY - NY confirmed by 1850 census information, possibly 10/22/1780; d. October 07, 1869, buried in Terry family cemetery. It is located at the corner of Route 143 and Stott Drive in Coeymans Hollow. Apparently, when Stott Drive was put in, part of the cemetery was removed.
7. ix. SARAH A. CLINK, b. Bet. 1780 - 1785, per tombstone, possibly Dutchess Co., NY; d. 1809, Coeysmans, Albany Co., NY.
x. PHOEBE CLINK, b. Bet. 1782 - 1785.
8. xi. STEPHEN HENRY CLINK, b. August 02, 1786, Schoharie, NY? Possiby Pougkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY?; d. April 04, 1871, Erin Twp, Wellington, Ont., Canada?Possibly in Esquesing Twp with daughter Jane.
9. xii. JAMES T. CLINK, b. July 23, 1788, Albany, New York (possibly Ct); d. Bet. 1866 - 1871, Straffordville, Bayham Township, Ontario, Canada.
10. xiii. GEORGE CLINK, b. January 28, 1791, NY; d. December 16, 1861, Vallejo, Solano Co., CA.
Generation No. 2
4. DAVID3 KLINCK (JOHN GEORGE2, ?1) was born December 25, 1775 in NY, and died November 17, 1823 in Connersville, Fayette Co., Ind. He married RUTH SMITH Bef. July 1799 in NY, daughter of JOSEPH SMITH and MARY SWARTOUT.
Notes for DAVID KLINCK: David Klinck family contact has found an old lady who is related to Gideon Thornton Clink. At this point in time we are trying to get her to check her notes which are in her garage; but when asked she recalled that it was Gideon Thornton KLinck son of David Klinck and RUth Smith who had told his family at some point that his Grandmother was Phoebe Thornton. Known son of John and brother of Jacob, John, Gideon, William, Catherine, Mary, & Sarah according to Jacob's will. More About DAVID KLINCK:
Census: 1820, Connersville Twp Fayette Co., IN
Children of DAVID KLINCK and RUTH SMITH are:
16. i. PHOEBE4 KLINCK, b. Bet. March 01 - May 10, 1800, NY; d. February 17, 1886, Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL.
17. ii. MARY ANN KLINCK, b. April 04, 1821, IN; d. December 03, 1896, Oregon House,Yuba Co.,California.
iii. EUNICE KLINCK, b. April 22, 1803, Ny.
iv. SALLY KLINCK, b. March 30, 1805, NY.
18. v. JOSEPH SMITH KLINCK, b. Bet. December 22 - 26, 1806, Caledonia, Genesee Co., NY, gravestone says born 12/26/1806; d. March 15, 1890, Algonquin Twp, McHenry Co., ILL.
vi. LUTHER KLINCK, b. October 17, 1808, NY.
vii. RUTH KLINCK, b. February 11, 1810.
19. viii. GIDEON THORNTON KLINCK, b. March 23, 1812; d. November 06, 1893, Whitley Co., Ind.
20. ix. ZERVIA KLINCK, b. October 05, 1813, Fayette Co., IN; d. July 25, 1846, Shelby Co., IND.
21. x. JOHN GEORGE KLINCK, b. June 04, 1816, OH; d. February 04, 1890.
xi. GEORGE KLINCK, b. 1817.
xii. LUTHER KLINCK, b. Abt. 1818.
22. xiii. EMMALINE KLINCK, b. February 14, 1819.
xiv. DAVID KLINCK, b. 1821.
Generation No. 3
18. JOSEPH SMITH4 KLINCK (DAVID3, JOHN GEORGE2, ?1) was born Bet. December 22 - 26, 1806 in Caledonia, Genesee Co., NY, gravestone says born 12/26/1806, and died March 15, 1890 in Algonquin Twp, McHenry Co., ILL. He married (1) ELVIRA HUNTINGTON December 30, 1829 in Shelby Co., Ind, daughter of CHANDLER HUNTINGTON and ANNA WALLIS. He married (2) ABIGAIL FERRIS March 02, 1834 in Shelby Co., Ind. He married (3) MARY MCGEE Aft. 1844, daughter of MCVITTY MCGEE and ?. He married (4) MARTHA MARGARETHA MAGEE Bef. 1877.
Notes for JOSEPH SMITH KLINCK: In 1850 Algonquin Township, McHenry Co., Illinois census Joseph was shown living with his family near his "presumed" sister Mary (Klinck) Kelly. In the same census he stated he was been born in New York.
-Nunda Herald 3/21/1890
Mr. J. S. Klinck died on the 15th, age 83 years. Born in Caledonia, Genesee Co, N. Y., in 1806 were driven away by Indians in the War of 1812. After living in Indiana moved to McHenry County in 1836 and lived 4 miles east of Algonquin and later moved to the village. Married 4 times.
More About JOSEPH SMITH KLINCK:
Census: 1850, Algonquin, McHenry Co., IL
Children of JOSEPH KLINCK and ABIGAIL FERRIS are:
50. i. JUSTUS F.5 KLINCK, b. 1836, IL.
ii. ISAAC SMITH KLINCK, b. January 1839, aft 1900; m. MARY.
iii. RUTH B. KLINCK, b. December 14, 1842, Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL; d. November 05, 1843, Algonquin Twp., McHenry Co., ILL.
Child of JOSEPH KLINCK and MARY MCGEE is:
iv. FRANK5 KLINCK, b. Abt. 1865.
More About FRANK KLINCK:
Census: 1880, Algonquin, McHenry Co., IL boarding with another family. Was he working there?
Children of JOSEPH KLINCK and MARTHA MAGEE are:
51. v. LEONA5 KLINCK, b. 1877.
vi. MARY ELIZABETH KLINCK, b. February 1880; m. SAMUEL OLIVER GALVIN.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|