I am researching the family of MOISES KNOPFELMACHER, b. Leipnik, Moravia [now Lipnik nad Becvou, Czech Republic], 1718, son of JOACHIM KNOPFELMACHER. Moises moved southward to the town of Holesov and was married there, c.1738, to REBEKA NISSEL, b. c.1722, dau. of SALOMON NISSEL.
Moises Knopfelmacher lived in household #23 in Holesov's Jewish quarter, and died there on 26 May 1798, age 80 years. The deathdate of his wife, Rebeka, has not been found, but she is believed to have died around 1812, age about 90.
Moises and Rebeka (Nissel) Knopfelmacher had six known children:
1. JACOB KNOPFELMACHER, b. Holesov, 1739; d. in household #22, Holesov, 4 October 1798, age 59, of heart failure. His wife, KATHARINA, b. 1740, died in Holesov on 9 April 1833, age 93. Three known children: Isaac, Karoline, and Markus.
2. probably EMANUEL KNOPFELMACHER, b. Holesov, c.1741; d. in Kelc, Czech Rep. before 1802. His wife JACHID, b. 1740, died in Kelc, 29 May 1811, age 71. Three known children: Joachim, Joseph, and Markus.
3. probably SIMON KNOPFELMACHER, b. Holesov, c.1743; d. in Nikolsburg [Mikulov], Czech Rep. before 1813. He was twice married, and his second wife was BARBARA, b. 1754, d. Vienna, 27 November 1836, age 82. Two (likely) sons by his first wife: Joachim and Markus. Two more (likely) sons by his second wife: Joseph and Israel.
4. SALOMON [Seligman] KNOPFELMACHER, b. Holesov, 1745; d. in Holesov, 15 August 1810. He m. 1st, c.1764, FRADL KOHN, b. Holesov, 1747, died Holesov, 5 March 1800, age 53, of spotted fever. He m. 2nd, in Holesov, 30 Sept. 1800, widow NECHAMA POLLAK, b. 1754. Ten children by 1st wife: Markus, Simon, Cecilia, Emanuel, David, Judith, Abraham, Mariam, Jacob, and Gerson.
5. CECILIA [Sheva] KNOPFELMACHER, b. Holesov, 1748; d. in Holesov, March 1817, age 68. She m. AARON TAUBER (1746-1815). Five children: Michael Hirsch, Eva, Salomon, Samuel, and Leopold.
6. ROSANA KNOPFELMACHER, b. Holesov, 1757; d. in Kelc, Moravia, "mentally ill", 3 January 1823. Unmarried.
I descend from this family twice:
Salomon Knopfelmacher (1745-1810)
Simon Knopfelmacher (c.1766-bet. 1834 & 1838)
Cecilia (Knopfelmacher) Zerkowitz (1795-1885)
Anna (Zerkowitz) Tauber (b. 1818) = Leopold Tauber
Simon Tauber (1844-1930) [my great-grandfather]
Cecilia [Sheva] (Knopfelmacher) Tauber (1748-1817)
Michael Hirsch Tauber (b. 1771)
Leopold Tauber (1803-1887) = Anna Zerkowitz
Simon Tauber (1844-1930)
I would like to make contact with anyone else who is researching this same Knopfelmacher family. Alternate spellings are: Knoepfelmacher, Knopflmacher, Knopfmacher, and Knoepfmacher.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|