I am trying to determine the parents of my ancestor Henry Kounts who died in Washington County, VA in 1798. When I discovered that a Lemuel Countz, married in Washington County, VA, was part of the George Koonce North Carolina line, I thought perhaps Henry might also be descended from the George Koonce, North Carolina family.
This is what I know on Henry Kounts and family:
1. In 1786, he purchased 330 acres of land on the Middle Fork of the Holston River in Washington County, VA.
2. Wife name’s was Dorothy and they had children:
a. Adam Kuns/Kounts. Born 1770-1776 in Virginia. Died in 1840 in Blount County, TN
b. Henry Coontz/Kounts; wife Zilphy Roach; married 11 Oct 1796 in Washington County.
c. John Kounts; wife Sarah.
d. Margaret Coontz/Kounts; married Lambert Reid 10 Jan 1799 in Washington County. After Lambert died in Franklin Co, TN ca 1812, she married, ca. 1817, Burwell Thompson.
e. Catherine Coontz/Kounts; husband Robert Murrin.
3. Henry died before Sep 1798 when an inventory of his estate was made.
4. Dorothy Kounts (Henry’s widow) married Robert Porterfield 3 Sep 1801 in Washington County and both are listed on sale and distribution of Henry’s land in 1809.
5. All of Henry’s children are listed on 1800/1801 Blount County tax lists.
Any assistance on determining Henry's parents would be appreciated. I have searched for a Pennsylvania/Maryland German connection and other Virginia German lines without success.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|