Big changes have come to — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: General Topics: Korean War Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: Bronze Star-Request Service Records
Posted by: Shelby Griffin (ID *****5199) Date: April 02, 2004 at 15:03:32
In Reply to: Bronze Star by julie davenport of 793


You can contact the National Archives and the National Personnel Records Center to obtain copies of veterans service records. The veteran and next of kin can sometimes request information directly via the Internet with a new Evetrecs service the archives is offering. I've just requested records for a great uncle who is MIA in the Korean War.

A lot of 20th century records were lost in a fire in their repository back in the 1970s, but you should be able to get more information about exactly what is available from the website below. Good luck!

Shelby Davis Griffin

Notify Administrator about this message?

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network