Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: General Topics: Korean War Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: Chester P. Losee Enlistment
Posted by: decmay (ID *****0397) Date: March 28, 2010 at 17:11:11
In Reply to: Chester P. Losee Enlistment by Roy Hudson of 792

Are you sure you need a "Service" number as the Military switched to using SSN in the late 60s or early 70's, if memory serves. If Chester used GI Bill and VA Benefits, especially medical, his records should be filed with SSN.

Check with the Veterans Affairs Office in the county (most offices are located in the county court house) where he lived after discharge. Veterans usually filed a copy of their DD214 with that office to facilitate receiving state as well as federal benefits due them. My state offers a state funded home loan program, service number should be in documents. See if Chester had the same availble in his state and did he use it. May be in old title paerwork if available. It might be a 1st home buyer benefit so go back to then.

Notify Administrator about this message?
No followups yet

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network