i am seeking any and all information concerning connections to the following family:
i am a descendant of David Lanfear (Lamphere/Lamphier) b. abt. 1793 NY d. SEP 1869 near Galt, San Joaquin, CA. he married Cynthia Phillips Bosworth JUN 29 1817 in Benson, Rutland VT and had the following known children:
1. Son Lanfear b. 1818 Rutland VT
2. Maria Lanfear b. 1820 Rutland VT d. JUN 2 1895 Kane IL m. Lucien Baldwin
3. Sarah Lanfear b. SEP 22 1821 Rutland VT d. FEB 3 1898 Kane IL m. Aaron Gibbs Allen
4. Unknown Lanfear b. bef. 1826 Rutland VT or Essex NY d. bef. 1840 prob. Essex NY
5. Charles "Carlos" Lanfear b. JUN 20 1830 Essex NY d. SEP 27 1907 Santa Cruz CA m. Almira Bowen
6. Mary A. Lanfear b. 1833 Essex NY d. 1907 CA m. James Harvey Cummings
7. Smith Lanfear b. 1837 Essex NY d. AUG 16 1849 Grundy IL
8. David Luther Lanfear b. AUG 1 1837 Essex NY d. AUG 16 1846 Kane IL
** David was born in NY per later census data – Cythnia Bosworth may have been a second wife to him – he moved to Rutland VT between 1810 & 1814 when David consigned his share of his father’s estate to his brother Asa, by 1830 he was in Ticonderoga, Essex NY, cannot find him in 1840 (may have been in Canada) and by 1850 appears in Grundy and later Kane IL, dying in San Joaquin CA.
we believe David to be the son of John Lamphere Jr. b. abt. 1861 Norwich, New London CT d. APR 6 1813 Dorset, Bennington VT m. Mary Unknown who had three known children:
1. Asa Lamphere b. abt. 1786 d. DEC 10 1831 m. Mary Elizabeth Whitehouse 1809 Dorset, Bennington VT b. abt. 1782 d. DEC 22 1856
2. Mary "Polly" Lamphere b. JAN 1788 d. MAY 26 1862 m. Thomas Baldwin APR 14 1802 Dorset, Bennington VT b. 1774 Mansfield, Tolland CT (father of Lucien Baldwin mentioned above)
3. David Lamphere
** there is a will dated 1814 that names David and Asa as sons of John - also a family history reference that mentions David's daughter Maria marrying her first cousin Lucien Baldwin.
this John Lamphere Jr. is believed to be the son of John Lanphere Sr. b. OCT 15 1712 Stonington, New London CT m. Bethia Richards MAR 23 1743 Canterbury CT and they had 7 known children:
1. Elijah Lanphere b. AUG 23 1744 Norwich, New London CT d. SEP 15 1828 Hamilton, Madison NY m. Anne Fitch (appears in 1790 & 1800 Berkshire MA)
2. Asa Lanphere b. AUG 22 1746 Norwich, New London CT d. bef. 1790 prob. Mayfield, Montgomery NY m. Sarah Cadman of Columbia NY NOV 22 1763 Dutchess NY
3. Lydia Lanphere b. SEP 16 1747 Norwich, New London CT
4. John Lanphere b. MAY 23 1751 Norwich, New London CT d. SEP 14 1752 Norwich, New London CT
5. Lucy Lanphere b. JUL 25 1754 Norwich, New London CT
6. Ezra Lanphere b. APR 6 1756 Norwich, New London CT m. Anna Unknown - took father's place in Rev War in Berkshire MA, lived in Oswego NY the Bennington VT (appears in 1790, 1800, 1810 & 1820 Bennington VT)
7. John Lanphere Jr. (appears in 1810 Bennington VT)
** on JUL 28 1769 John Sr. bought land in Williamsburg, Berkshire MA and JAN 9 1796 John Jr. of Bennington VT sold this land.
i cannot locate John Jr. with certainty in 1790 or 1800 but strongly suspect either Washington Co. NY or Albany Co. NY since both his brothers Asa and Ezra spent time in NY with Ezra later ending up in Bennington VT. greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can offer here. thanks.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|