Sorry to be so slow replying, I just got back from a trip.
Here is what little I know on William M. Lansdale. My assumption is that he is a descendant of the Maryland Lansdales but I don't know which one.
The 1840 Holmes County Miss. Census shows his birth from 1790-1800. His wife and family are on the 1850 Homes County Mississipp census but he is not listed. On the 1840 census he is listed as 1 "person in learned profession or engineer". He served in the Mississippi Senate from 1846-1848. I have not found a record of his death yet.
His wife Elizabeth A. _____. was b. ca. 1805 (1850 Holmes County Mississippi Census)
There are 6 children listed on the 2 census records.
1. son Lansdale B. 1810-1820 Ky (I did not find a record for this one in 1850.
2. Melissa Lansdale B. 11 Dec. 1823, Kentucky. D. 22 Dec. 1886, Lexington, Holmes County, Mississippi Bur. Lexington Cemetery #1 Sec. 12. (OddFellows Cemetery)
M. James M. Dyes (Dyer) ca. 1841 in Mississippi.
3. Mary J. Lansdale B. 11 Dec. 1825, Kentucky.
D. 1 Nov. 1896, Holmes County, Mississippi.
Bur. Lexington Cemetery #1 Sec. 12. (OddFellows Cemetery)
4. Francis Lansdale B. ca. 1837, Ky
5. William Lansdale B. ca. 1839, Ky
6. Marrah L. Lansdale B. ca. 1842, Mississippi
7. John L. Lansdale. B. Ca.1844, Mississippi
With Elizabeth Lansdale and family in 1850 is Ann Smith age 37 B. Va.
there is a large gap between child #3 and Child #4 that I have no explanation for. Possibly Elizabeth was a second marriage.
I wish I had more to tell you.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|