Looking for information on my LASHBROOK line. If you have any further information or connections, please contact me. Thanks!
Descendants of Richard Lashbrook
Generation No. 1
1. RICHARD1 LASHBROOK He married MARY //.
Notes for RICHARD LASHBROOK:
From the book: LASHBROOKE, LASHBROOKS AND LAGHBROOK by Mary K. Gritt
"The Lashbrook name is English, derived from Lachebroc, a medieval Anglo-French term meaning 'Lazy River', a home landmark" (Rule, p. 262). Research of this name has proved frustrating because, "almost all of the early records of the Lashbrooks give various spellings of the names, even when pertaining to the same person. Most of the family used the 's' on the end until about 1860, when the records became more uniform." According to Mary K. Gritt Lashbrook.
Child of RICHARD LASHBROOK and MARY // is:
2. i. RICHARD2 LASHBROOK, b. 22 May 1835, England; d. 09 December 1904, Parry Sound Hospital, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
Generation No. 2
2. RICHARD2 LASHBROOK (RICHARD1) was born 22 May 1835 in England, and died 09 December 1904 in Parry Sound Hospital, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada. He married (1) MARY JANE JACKSON. She was born Abt. 1844 in Caledon, Ontario, Canada, and died 13 January 1895 in Conger, Parry Sound County, Ontario, Canada. He married (2) ELLEN BOVAIS/BOVOIR, daughter of ANTOINE BOVAIS/BOVOIR and MARY //. She was born Abt. 1844 in Québec, Canada.
Notes for RICHARD LASHBROOK:
Index to the 1871 Census of Ontario
LASHBROOK , RICHARD
Religion: Canada Presbyterian/C. Presb.
District: MIDDLESEX EAST ( 009 )
Sub-district: London Township ( C )
Microfilm reel: C-9905
Reference: RG31 — Statistics Canada
1871 Census: London Twp, Middlesex County, Ontario
Mary Ann (2)
1881 Census: Conger - Cowper Twps, Parry Sound County, Ontario
Richard (43) Born England Methodist English Farmer Married
Mary Jane (36)
Mary Ann (12)
Shirley Mary (8)
Elinor Jane (4)
1891 Census: Conger Twp, Parry Sound County, Ontario
1901 Census: Conger - Cowper Twps, Parry Sound County, Ontario
Richard (65) Born May 22, 1835 England Imm 1852
Richard lived Con 12 Lots 2 & 3 - owned 200 acres
Possible match in the IGI (International Genealogy Index):
Christening: 21 May 1837
Poundstock, Cornwall, England
Father: Richard LASHBROOK
Batch number: Dates Source Call No. Type Printout Call No. Type
C023121 1813-1852 0254469 Film 1145619 Film
More About RICHARD LASHBROOK:
Immigration: 1852 (Source: 1901 Canadian Census - Conger - Cowper Twps, Parry Sound County, Ontario.)
Children of RICHARD LASHBROOK and MARY JACKSON are:
i. JANE3 LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1858.
ii. WILLIAM LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1865.
iii. MARY ANN LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1868; m. ALFRED DIXON, 01 June 1886, Township of Conger, The Manse Parry Sound, Ontario; b. Abt. 1864.
iv. SHIRLEY MARY LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1873.
v. CHARLOTTE AGNES LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1875; d. Abt. 20 May 1903, Burgess Bay, Lake Joseph, Ontario, Canada; m. HERBERT HODSON TODD, 12 December 1894, Township of Conger, Parry Sound, Ontario; b. Abt. 1867.
3. vi. ELINOR/ELIZA/LIZZIE SARAH LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1877, Ontario, Canada; d. Bef. July 1931.
4. vii. ARTHUR LASHBROOK, b. 13 March 1881, Conger, Parry Sound County, Ontario, Canada; d. 31 March 1953, Conger, Parry Sound County, Ontario, Canada.
viii. RICHARD LASHBROOK, b. 27 May 1882; d. Aft. 1953.
Notes for RICHARD LASHBROOK:
lived in Gordon Bay in 1953
ix. WILLIAM LASHBROOK, b. 19 May 1885.
Generation No. 3
3. ELINOR/ELIZA/LIZZIE SARAH3 LASHBROOK (RICHARD2, RICHARD1) was born Abt. 1877 in Ontario, Canada, and died Bef. July 1931. She married HARRY/HENRY ALEN WHALEN 25 October 1893 in Township of Conger, Ontario, Canada, son of WILLIAM WHALEN and ELIZABETH DEAN. He was born Abt. 1872 in Ontario, Canada, and died Aft. 1910.
Notes for ELINOR/ELIZA/LIZZIE SARAH LASHBROOK:
One thought was that perhaps Eliza died shortly after giving birth to Henry Russel. She was staying with Nathaniel and Lizzie Whalen (Harry's brother and wife) at the time of the 1900 MN census, while Harry and Harriet were listed as boarders at a separate location.
East Grand Forks, MN did not have a cemetery until the late 1960s. Note that Grand Forks, ND, and East Grand Forks, MN, are "twin cities" separated by the state boundry, the Red River of the North.
Called the Calvary cemetery in Grand Forks, ND (701/772-7911) and no listing for her in the 1900-1901 timeframe. - JAW 7/20/2001
Called the Memorial Park Cemetery (701/772-0988) in Grand Forks, ND - left a msg - JAW 7/20/2001
Notes for HARRY/HENRY ALEN WHALEN:
When Harry married his 2nd wife (Jesse Warren), he claimed he was a widower on the registration. He and his second wife didn't get along and there's a possibility he might have lied to her about something from his first marriage. He left shortly after the birth of his son, Bruce. There was a lot of anger on the part of his 2nd wife, as she destroyed all pictures of him, and wouldn't allow him to visit the children. She eventually divorced him and remarried.
Children of ELINOR/ELIZA/LIZZIE LASHBROOK and HARRY/HENRY WHALEN are:
i. HARRIET4 WHALEN, b. 1895.
5. ii. HENRY RUSSEL WHALEN, SR., b. 26 January 1900, East Grand Forks, Minnesota; d. 04 December 1973, New Brighton, PA.
4. ARTHUR3 LASHBROOK (RICHARD2, RICHARD1) was born 13 March 1881 in Conger, Parry Sound County, Ontario, Canada, and died 31 March 1953 in Conger, Parry Sound County, Ontario, Canada. He married //. She died 1920.
More About ARTHUR LASHBROOK:
Burial: Gordon Bay Cemetery, Ontario, Canada
Children of ARTHUR LASHBROOK and // are:
6. i. ALICE MAY4 LASHBROOK.
ii. JESSIE LASHBROOK, m. PHILIP LAWSON.
Notes for JESSIE LASHBROOK:
lived in Langford in 1953
lived in Severn Bridge in 1995
7. iii. ELIZA JANE LASHBROOK, b. Abt. 1911; d. 25 February 1995.
iv. FLORENCE LASHBROOK, m. WILLIAM EMMERSON.
Notes for FLORENCE LASHBROOK:
lived in Horseshoe in 1953
lived in Foley in 1995
v. ROSANNE LASHBROOK, m. GILBERT TITUS.
Notes for ROSANNE LASHBROOK:
lived in Prince George in 1953
vi. ALEX LASHBROOK.
Notes for ALEX LASHBROOK:
lived in Horseshoe in 1953
Generation No. 4
5. HENRY RUSSEL4 WHALEN, SR. (ELINOR/ELIZA/LIZZIE SARAH3 LASHBROOK, RICHARD2, RICHARD1) was born 26 January 1900 in East Grand Forks, Minnesota (Source: Henry Whalen's obituary; confirmed by Henry Whalen, Jr.;), and died 04 December 1973 in New Brighton, PA (Source: death certificate). He married JESSIE MAY HYDE 21 July 1931 in Monaca, PA (Source: marriage license), daughter of THOMAS HYDE and SARAH DORION. She was born 15 June 1901 in LaChute Quebec Canada (Source: death certificate), and died 10 July 1972 in New Brighton, PA (Source: obituary).
Notes for HENRY RUSSEL WHALEN, SR.:
orphaned at an early age; fought in WWI in Siberia for the Canadians when Canada was still under British Rule; lied about his age to get into the service; lived in Byng Inlet, Ontario at the time of his enlistment; enlisted in Toronto, Ontario 1st June 1918; Methodist; was a nailer in a box factory; had an uncle: John Whalen who lived in Falding P.O., Ontario; blue eyes and light brown hair; left a will to Miss Julia Laclair from Byng Inlet, Ontario; discharged on 11 June 1919 due to demobilization; died of myocardial infarction (heart attack) and heart disease;
More About HENRY RUSSEL WHALEN, SR.:
Burial: 07 December 1973, Clinton Cemetery Lawrence County, PA (Source: obituary)
Medical Information: scar on left knee; scar on tip of 3rd finger left hand;
Retired: Penn. & Lake Erie Railroad
Social Security #: 714-03-8953A
Notes for JESSIE MAY HYDE:
U.S Citizen; died of hypertension;
More About JESSIE MAY HYDE:
Burial: July 1972, Clinton Cemetery Lawrence County, PA (Source: obituary)
Social Security #: 714-03-8953A (same as Henry's)
Children of HENRY WHALEN and JESSIE HYDE are:
i. LEONA MAY5 WHALEN, b. 08 May 1932, New Brighton, PA (Source: Leona herself;); m. EUGENE ANTHONY PETRAMALE, 05 November 1955, St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Athens, NY; b. 06 November 1931, Athens, NY.
More About EUGENE ANTHONY PETRAMALE:
Baptism: December 1931, St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Athens, NY
Marriage Notes for LEONA WHALEN and EUGENE PETRAMALE:
Met in Washington D.C in September 1952; When they met, Gene was in the Navy and Leona was a student nurse;
ii. HENRY RUSSEL WHALEN, JR., b. 03 November 1940, New Brighton, PA Beaver County (Source: birth certificate); m. SUSAN JANE HOLZWORTH, 20 August 1960, Beaver County (Source: marriage license); b. 09 January 1941, New Brighton, PA Beaver County (Source: birth certificate).
6. ALICE MAY4 LASHBROOK (ARTHUR3, RICHARD2, RICHARD1) She married J. JOHNSON. He was born Abt. 1904, and died 28 April 1994 in Hospital in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
Notes for ALICE MAY LASHBROOK:
lived in Southwoods in 1953
More About J. JOHNSON:
Burial: Foley Township Cemetery, Parry Sound County, Ontario, Canada
Children of ALICE LASHBROOK and J. JOHNSON are:
i. JACK5 JOHNSON.
ii. BETTY JOHNSON, m. NELSON CALLEN.
Notes for BETTY JOHNSON:
lived in Ccanoga Park, California in 1994
iii. ALBERTA JOHNSON, m. ROYCE HASELHURST.
iv. TED JOHNSON.
v. BONNIE JOHNSON, m. KLAAS DEJONG.
Notes for BONNIE JOHNSON:
lived in Stroud (near Barrie, Ontario) in 1994
vi. NORMAN JOHNSON.
vii. FRANK JOHNSON.
viii. DOROTHY JOHNSON.
Notes for DOROTHY JOHNSON:
died in infancy
ix. GWENDOLYN JOHNSON.
Notes for GWENDOLYN JOHNSON:
died in infancy
7. ELIZA JANE4 LASHBROOK (ARTHUR3, RICHARD2, RICHARD1) was born Abt. 1911, and died 25 February 1995. She married OSCAR IRWIN LAWSON. He was born Abt. 1904, and died 07 February 1994.
Notes for ELIZA JANE LASHBROOK:
lived in Horseshoe Lake in 1953
More About ELIZA JANE LASHBROOK:
Burial: Humphrey-Conger Cemetery, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
Children of ELIZA LASHBROOK and OSCAR LAWSON are:
i. JOAN5 LAWSON.
ii. BLANCHE LAWSON.
iii. BERYL LAWSON.
iv. JUNE LAWSON.
v. CALVIN LAWSON.
vi. GARFIELD LAWSON.
vii. COURTLAND LAWSON.
viii. OSCAR LAWSON.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|