I have a William Letendre, b. Manitoba July 1, 1858, baptised August29, 1859 at St. Norbert,MB. His parents were *LOUIS LETENDRE and Marie Beaugrand dit Champagne.
He married Melanie Fayant at St. Antoine de Padue at Batoche on May 17, 1881. She was born @ St. Francis Xavier, MB June 3, 1857, and baptised there on June 7, 1857. She was the daughter of Cuthbert Fayant and Isabelle McGillis dit Giroux. Three of their children married into the Letendre Family or vice versa.
For the children of William & Melanie, I have:
1. Rosalie, b. @ Batoche, 10 Sept 1882. She married Pete Ross.
2. Marie Angele, b. @ St. Laurent, ll, Feb 1884.
3. WILLIAM JOHN LETENDRE, b. 18 July, 1885.
4. Victor, b. 7 Jun 1887
5. James Alfred, b. @ Batoche 11 Apr 1889.
6. Helene, b. @ Batoche 14 Mar 1892. She married George Rivard in 1926.
7. Marie Marguerite, b @ Batoche 28 Jan, 1895. She married Joseph Lavallee in 1916.
8. Elisa b. @ Batoche 6 Dec 1896. She married Isadore Racette.
9. Nora b 8 Oct 1898
10. Marie Corinne, She Married Frank Dauphin
However, the William John Letendre, that married Elizabeth Schaefer, was born At Batoche on 9 April, 1898. He was the son of Jean Baptiste (John) Letendre and Rosalie Dumont. Jean Baptiste was born 3 Dec 1876 at St. Laurent. Rosalie Dumont was born 17 Dec 1877 at St. Laurent. They were married on June 2, 1897.
Jean Baptiste (John) Letendre's parents were *FRANCOIS-XAVIER LETENDRE DIT BATOCHE and Marguerite Parenteau.
*LOUIS LETENDRE and *FRANCOIS-XAVIER LETENDRE DIT BATOCHE were brothers.
This is part of my family. I am descended from Marie Letendre, sister to Louis and Francois-Xavier. Their other siblings are Marguerite Letendre, Andre, Sophie, and Helene.
I hope this is helpful. It is confusing because there was more than one "William".
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|