I recently pushed my Levy lineage back another generation to Lewis B. Levy, born (possibly in England) about 1798; married Leah Reese - also of England. They had one son and one daughter - Moses L. Levy, born about 1825; m. Elizabeth Jane Ritchie Abt. 1840; died in Brooklyn, New York 18 Dec. 1890 under name of Lewis M. Reese. I have no given name for the daughter of Lewis B. Levy and Leah Reese. Leah Reese died, and Lewis B. Levy and son, Moses L. Levy, immigrated to Philadelphia, PA circa 1840.
Lewis B. Levy m. (2) to Mary Lyons in or near Philadelphia. The family moved to Richmond, Virginia from Philadelphia circa 1844. Lewis B. Levy and Mary Lyons had these children:
1. Elizabeth b. Abt. 1841 in Philadelphia, PA
2. Joseph b. Abt. 1842 in Philadelphia, PA; went by name of Joseph Reese - served in Civil War from Brooklyn, NY; m. Theresa Livingston. Lived in Monticello, MN
3. Elias, b. Abt. 1843 in Philadelphia, PA; likely went by Edward.
4. Sarah b. Abt. 1847 in Richmond, VA; m. to Mr. Myers
5. George b. Abt. 1848 in Richmond; lived in St. Paul, MN
6. Isaac b. Abt. 1850 in Richmond
7. Esther b. Abt. 1852 in Richmond; m. to Mr. McLarney
8. Abraham b. Abt. 1853 in Richmond
9. Julia b. Abt. 1855 in Richmond
10. Morris L. b. Abt. 1856 in Richmond; went by name of Maurice and/or Morris L. Levyne. Lived in Newport, KY.
11. Leah b. Abt. 1858 in Richmond
Any information on the ancestors or descendants of the above people is of great interest. Thanks.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|