From Victoria Series, Worcestershire, Vol iii, P.128, pub 1926: Manor of Hadzor
"Thomas Packington's son John sold the manor (of Hadzor) to Nicholas Lewknor of Haseley, co. Oxford. By his will, dated 1 June 1580, Nicholas Lewknor left one third of Hadzor, consisting of the site of the farm and manor to his wife, Mary, and the remaining two thirds to his brother in law, Thomas Copley, on condition that with part of the income of the estate he should build and endow an almshouse at Alvechurch ... the other third of Hadzor passed after Mary Lewknor's death to her husband's sister and heir, Jane, wife of Anthony Sheldon".
Hadzor is to the immediate east of Droitwich, Worcestershire.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|