From Victoria Series, Worcestershire, vol iii, p.257, pub 1926:
"There was a chantry of St.Mary in the parish church of Alvechurch which owned land in the parish ... these lands were granted to John Hereford and William Wilson in 1549 and afterwards passed into the possession of Thomas Lewknor who died in 1561, having settled them on his wife, Jane, and after her death on his son, Nicholas and his wife Margaret. Nicholas Lewknor died without issue and these lands passed to Jane his sister and heir, who married Anthony Sheldon of Broadway ...
"The hospital of Nicholas Lewknor (see previous posting), founded by will, dated 1580, was erected by Thomas Coploie under Letters Patent, 28 April 1588, upon 2 acres of land devised by the donor's will for a master, six bretheren and two sisters."
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|