I DID have the birth date and location of birth CORRECT for JOHN FIELD so Iím not TOO far off. Thank you for giving me the names of Johnsí parents! I am including my sources of information for John Field and Lucinda Look:
1. Source: Information supplied by Jonathan Harold Look, Jr. Listed as John Field, husband of Lucinda Look.
2. Source: Family Tree Maker - World Family Tree - Volume 13 - Archive Number 0964:
Listed name as John Field, husband of Lucy Look, born on August 25, 1760 in Hatfield, (Hampshire Co.,) Massachusetts. Married in 1789 in Conway, (Franklin Co.,) Massachusetts. Died on August 4, 1867 in Pawtucket, Providence Co., Rhode Island.
3. Source: E-mail from Bill Look dated October 21, 1997:
Noah, Born Nov 27, 1719, the son of Samuel and Thankful (Lewis) Look, and married Hannah Holley. She was his second wife, born in 1731. (Noah) married (his first wife on) Jan 9, 1745, (and she) died about 1751, the mother of but one child, named Cheney who was born Jun 17, 1749.
The children of Noah and Hannah were:
1. James, born 1753
2. Dinah, born Jan 9, 1755, married John Catlin, Aug 31, 1783
3. Mary, born about 1757, married Ivory Luce, Sept 18, 1777
4. Hannah, born about 1759, married David Luce Jan 9, 1777
5. Noah, born 1761, married Catherin Cottle in 1786. He was a soldier in the Revolutionary war.
6. Henry, born about 1763
7. John, born about 1765
8. Priscilla, born about 1767, married Samuel Billings, 1787
9. Lucinda, born about 1768, married John Field 1789. They are ancestors of Marshall Field.
10. Matthew, born Jun 15, 1773, died Aug 13, 1825.
11. William, born Nov 3, 1774, died June 14, 1860 (or 1867)
Noah, the father, died at Conway, Mass, Aug 16, 1790. He was known as "Captain" Look, but I do not know why.
4. The History of Marthaís Vineyard by Dr. Charles Banks: Volume III Family Genealogies: pp. 238 -245:
76. LUCINDA LOOK, (Noah4, Samuel3, Thomas2,1), b. 1768; m. JOHN FIELD 1789; they were ancestors of the great merchant prince, Marshall Field of Chicago.
5. Source: Family Tree Maker - CD 231 Online, Marriage Index: Massachusetts 1633-1850:
Listed name as Lucy Look; m. in Ashfield, Franklin Co., MA 16 March 1790 John Field: Source: Family History Library, Salt Lake City UT, Film #0902896.
Because of your reply, I won't list a death date or location for John Field until I get something more definite. I am also going to change their marriage year as being 1789 in Franklin Co., Massachusetts.
I did find information about Eliakim Field and Esther Graves, Johns' Parents. I hope that you will helping me by providing information about children of John Field and Lucinda Look.
Thank you again,
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|