I am taking a shot in the dark here in several family forums, namely the WILSON, PORTER, MILTON, LUMPKIN and LOVE forums. I am trying to take back my WILSON line, but as you can imagine, John WILSON is a tough guy to track down. I have been looking at the WILSON families of Greene Co, GA, but have yet to find a WILSON man who married a likely woman of one of the above surnames, or had a son John who married Mary Jane HARRIS. Of course, any of the above surnames (except LUMPKIN) may also have been used for Mary Jane and John’s children because they were family names in her line and not John’s. (Mary Jane’s father was William HARRIS, the son of Jonas HARRIS and Unknown. Mary Jane’s mother was Matilda BLANKS daughter of William Henry BLANKS and Jane HILL.)
My John Wilson’s full name was John Lumpkin “Jack” WILSON, b. 1814 in Greene Co., Georgia. He married Mary Jane HARRIS (b 1822) in Greene Co, 31 Aug 1839.
1) James Love WILSON b. 1841, d. 1863 at the Battle of Chickamauga
2) William Rowan or (Rohan) WILSON b. 1844, d. 1896 (my line); m. Sarah Elizabeth HART
3) Mary Frances “Mollie” WILSON, b. 1847, d. 1899; m. Alfred E. WRIGHT
4) Wesley WILSON, b. 1848/49, died young, bef 1860
5) Ida Jane WILSON, b. 1851/52, aft 1900; m1) Martin W. NEWTON, m2) William ARWINE
6) John Porter WILSON, b. 1856, d. 1935; m) Martha Jane “Mattie” DENSON
7) Joshua Milton WILSON, b. 1860, d. 1887; m) Letha unknown maiden name
8) Fetnie Matilda WILSON, b. 1862, died young, bef 1870
I would love to make contact with anyone with an interest in any of these people, but would be especially excited to find someone who can make a connection between this forum’s surname and John Lumpkin WILSON’s parents.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|