Sorry, wish to correct my previous msge. The Server keeps cutting out on me and have to work fast. If you think its all confusing now - just wait!
1.John Jay Lymburner (1803-1873 and Sarah (Sally? 1804-1871) were my
2. Alexander Lymburner (1824-1883) s/o John Jay and Nancy Ann McLaughlin along with Edmund Vaughan and Mary (Putnam) Vaughan were my maternal great grandparents. I dont have any dates on them - probably born in 1820's.
2. Elizabeth Lymburner c.1845 m. Harley Farr was the youger sister of Alexander. Elizabeth Lymburner and Harley Farr would have been aunt & uncle to my grandfather Matthias Elmore. Harley Farr Jr. would have been his 1st cousin. It is interesting to note that Alexander & Elizabeth had a
brother named Harley b. 1848.
3. Mary Emily Vaughan (1864-1943) d/o of Edmund Vaughan and Mary (Putnam) Vaughan m. Matthias Elmore Lymburner in1885. She was my maternal grandmother.
4. I just found a hand scribbled note - some of the sisters and brothers of Mary Emily Vaughan (wife of Matthias): Elizabeth, Llahna (Lena) Isabel (Belle), Will, George, Lemual, David, Hanah and 2 others my Mom couldn't remember. She dictated these to me when she was 89.
5. She also mentioned Jacob Vaughan and his wife Roxanna. I'm not sure if he was the father or brother of Edmund Vaughan, but these were familiar names to her. When she was a young child, the family was in contact with the Vaughans, Melicks, Putnams and Merritts. They moved around quite a bit as my grandfather was a cooper and went wherever there were mills and he could practice his trade. Mostly they were in S.W. Ontario - Gooderich, Tillsonburg, Wroxeter.
6. Could your Minnie Vaughan be a sister to Edmund Vaughan? If so, she would have been a great aunt to our Minnie Mae (b.1889).
7. Here's more you might find interesting:
- Melick B. s/o Christopher Lymburner & Rebcca Melick and brother of Charlotte, m. Celesta Farr Dockstader (possible 2nd marriage for her)?
- Margaret Lymburner, d/o John Jay Lymburner & Sarah Melick and sister to Elizabeth, m. James Everingham in 1865. I dont know if its a mistake or if Elizabeth and Margaret were twins, but I have the same b.d. of 1845.
Do you know any of this already?
8. There were more Melick/Lymburner marriages:
Robert Lymburner (1793-) youngest son of Mathew Sr. & Margaret Kaims m. Margaret Melick.
Robert Lymburner (1810-1868) s/o Mathew Jr and brother to Christopher m.
Elizabeth Melick. (1822-1874).
Confusion is the name of the game - my mother was a Lymburner m. to a Baker. I was a Baker and m. a Lymburner. Hope I got everything right this time.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|