The house in the earlier post is located on Washington Road Belle Vernon. It was built by Andrew Lynn the second son of Col Andrew Lynn of Fayette County. It is currently occupied and is great condition. The prior Lynn house in the area was destroyed around 1900. It was most nearly identical to the home of Col Edward Cook which is still in good condition and occupied at this time. Pictures of the Cook home are widely available in Fayette County. The Cook house is reported to be the oldest stone structure west of the Allegheny mountains. The family moved into the Cook home on 7/4/1776.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|