Information sought on my Macrae family which originally came from the Black Isle, Ross-shire, Scotland (immediately north of the Beauly Firth from Inverness).
Alexander Macrae (son of Thomas Macrae) was born in 1734 in Killearnan Parish, Ross-shire, Scotland. He was twice married (Elizabeth Mackay & Margaret Davidson). He had issue:-
1. Donald MACRAE b. Black Isle, Ross-shire Jan 1762, farmer on the Black Isle, married Isabel Young. (Children were Margaret MACRAE b 16 Oct 1792; Alexander MACRAE b. 4 Feb 1793; Murdoch MACRAE b. 27 Apr 1796; Donald MACRAE b. 2 Dec 1797; Isobel MACRAE b. 24 Nov 1799; William MACRAE; Rev John MACRAE 6 Mar 1802 to 10 Nov 1877~my g-g-grandfather; three further children died in infancy).
2. Ronald MACRAE b. Black Isle, Ross-shire Jun 1764, died between 1851 & 1855, married Isabella Paterson. (Children were Margaret MACRAE 11 Oct 1786 to 1831; Elizabeth MACRAE c.1801 to 21 Mar 1877; Anne MACRAE c.1805 to 16 Oct 1881; Isabella MACRAE c.1807 to 6 Jan 1883; Elizabeth MACRAE c.1810 and alive in 1881; Jessie MACRAE; Alexander MACRAE d. 1847; William MACRAE c.1816 and alive in 1841; Helen Macrae; Catherine Macrae c.1819 to 24 May 1874).
3. Alexander MACRAE b. Black Isle, Ross-shire August 1766. Lived Inverness & Black Mill Bay.1766. (Children Alexander MACRAE, John MACRAE).
4. Margaret MACRAE b Black Isle, Ross-shire Jan 1769.
5. John MACRAE b. Black Isle, Ross-shire June 1771.
6. Rev William MACRAE b. Black Isle, Ross-shire Dec 1774, died Barvas, Isle of Lewis 9 July 1856. Married Mary Macdonald. (Children Margaret MACRAE 1811-1877; Elizabeth MACRAE 1816-1915; Dr Charles Mackenzie MACRAE 1818-1909; Mary MACRAE 1819-1976; John MACRAE 1821-1881; Jane “Jean” MACRAE 1823-1882; Ann MACRAE 1825-1866; Janet MACRAE b.1827; William MACRAE 1828-1850; Alexander MACRAE 1832-1874)/
7. Roderick MACRAE b. Black Isle, Ross-shire May 1777.
8. Thomas MACRAE b. Black Isle Ross-shire Nov 1799.
9. Elizabeth “Betsey” MACRAE b Black Isle Ross-shire March1782, died Inverness 11 April 1784. Married John Leitch, farmer.
12 Alexander MACRAE (from second marriage), migrated to Canada.
13. Ronald MACRAE (from second marriage), migrated to Australia.
14. Margaret MACRAE (from second marriage).
15. Catherine MACRE (from second marriage).
I have much information that I am keen to share and I would be delighted to make contact with lost cousins.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|