Absolutely. Let's pursue this and see if your bunch relates to my bunch. Jackson Co and Woodruff County are definitely areas where my family lines lived.
I would really love to see that photo you think might be Lee A. MALOY. I wonder if he looks anything like his mother Lizzie / Elizabeth (I have her photo) ... and Lizzie and her half-sister Clara (my great grandmother) do resemble each other. But I show Elizabeth born about April 1866 in Monroe Co AR when her mother Parthenia was apparently already married to Ed HOLMAN. I did find that Parthenia's first husband George HOUSE died 1862 in Mississippi during the Civil War. I already know for sure that Parthenia's last spouse Dillard L. COOPER is the father of Clara, but Elizabeth "Lizzie's" father has been hard to figure out. Did Parthenia have another marriage 1862-1865 between George and Ed?
The family land for the COOPERs, George HOUSE, and the ANDREWS / ANDERS famiily and the MUNNS / MUNS (all related through marriage...3 MUNNS brothers married 3 ANDREWS sisters) was right in that top corner of Monroe County by Woodruff Co / Jackson County and St Francis Co...actually extending into present-day St Francis County.
I have not run into the HOUSTON, TIPPET or HOGUE names ..but those might relate more closely to the MALLOY line perhaps ...or perhaps were marriages after 1880.
Since I did the posting you read in 2006, I have learned more about the MALOYs, as well as other lines connected to my gg grandmother Parthenia ANDREWS. Even though her family name (in Georgia and before that in North Carolina in 1790s) was ANDREWS, the name evolved to ANDERS in Arkansas. Living descendants on the line in Little Rock use the name ANDERS and had no history on the family. Some are buried in Posey Cemetery, St Francis County AR where they married VAUGHNs and BUTLERs.
Also, William J. ANDERS and sons Thomas and Wm J. Jr went to Texas sometime between 1880 and 1900 and I found them in Lamar County Texas on the 1900 census, where Thomas must have married a HINTON. They returned (but did they leave somebody behind in TX?) to Wheatley, St Francis Co and also Little Rock AR by 1910, along with Wm J. ANDREWS / ANDERS wife Mary Ann Frances GILL (b 1838 GA to Thomas GILL and Martha J. PULLEN. William Jeptha ANDERS Jr married Elliot L. "Ella" VAUGHAN / VAUGHN July 19 1885 St Francis County, performed by T. ALLEN, and among their children I was able to find that a daughter Ollie b 1893 in Texas married after 1905 to Adolph BUTLER b abt 1880 in Arkansas. So there's a little more info about the extended ANDERS family.
As for the MALOY / MOLLOY family, the most distant ancestor I can find is Hugh M. MALOY who married an Elizabeth b abt 1833 South Carolina.... and I find their children as follows: Benjamin b abt 1850 AR, Daniel Jackson b Mar 1860 AR, Martha b abt 1854 AR, Benson b abt 1856 AR, and John b abt 1863 in AR, probably Monroe County.
The only one I've been able to track is Dan / Daniel Jackson MALOY.
Descendants of Hugh M. Maloy
Generation No. 1
1. HUGH M.2 MALOY (UNKNOWN1) was born Bet. 1803 - 1809 in Alabama, and died in Arkansas. He married ELIZABETH UNKNOWN. (maybe COOPER? daughter of Benson G. and Delphia LINDSEY COOPER?) She was born Abt. 1833 in South Carolina.
More About HUGH M. MALOY:
Census: 1860, Eve, Monroe, Arkansas, Pine Grove post office
Children of HUGH MALOY and ELIZABETH UNKNOWN are:
i. BENJAMIN3 MALOY, b. Abt. 1850, Arkansas.
2. ii. DANIEL JACKSON MALOY, b. Mar 1860, Arkansas; d. Bef. 1910, Monroe County Arkansas.
Generation No. 2
2. DANIEL JACKSON3 MALOY (HUGH M.2, UNKNOWN1) was born Mar 1860 in Arkansas, and died Bef. 1910 in Monroe County Arkansas. He married ELIZABETH HOLMAN 18 Aug 1880 in Monroe County, Brinkley, Arkansas, daughter of DILLARD COOPER (b abt 1838 SC) and PARTHENIA ANDREWS(House, Holman). She was born Apr 1866 in Monroe County Arkansas, and died in Arkansas.
More About ELIZABETH HOLMAN:
Census: 1870, Age 6, Holloman household, Monroe Co, Plainland twp, Cotton Plant PO
More About DANIEL MALOY and ELIZABETH HOLMAN:
Marriage: 18 Aug 1880, Monroe County, Brinkley, Arkansas
Children of DANIEL MALOY and ELIZABETH HOLMAN are:
i. HENRY P.4 MALOY, b. Sep 1882.
3. ii. LEE ANDREW MALOY, b. Bet. 29 Oct 1886 - 1887, Arkansas; d. 23 Jul 1973, Hot Springs,Garland Co, AR, buried in Brinkley, Monroe Co AR.
iii. JOHN MALOY, b. May 1892.
iv. ALVIN MALOY, b. 1896.
Generation No. 3 (at least 2 or 3 other MALOY line researchers have contributed to this information)
3. LEE ANDREW4 MALOY (DANIEL JACKSON3, HUGH M.2, UNKNOWN1) was born Bet. 29 Oct 1886 - 1887 in Arkansas, and died 23 Jul 1973 in Hot Springs,Garland Co, AR, buried in Brinkley, Monroe Co AR. He married (1) ANNIE R. E. RODGERS 13 Mar 1910 in Monroe County, Arkansas, daughter of SAM RODGERS and MAGGIE UNKNOWN. She was born Abt. 1893 in Arkansas. He married (2) DOLLIE MAE PUTT Bef. Oct 1918 in Cotton Plant, Monroe County, AR, daughter of HUBIE PUTT and LYDIA WEST. She was born 23 Sep 1902 in Mississippi, and died 30 Sep 1948.
More About LEE ANDREW MALOY:
Census: 1910, Monroe County, Brinkley township, with wife Annie R., age 16 and his mother Lizzie
Residence: 1920, Arkansas, Lonoke, Magness twp, living on Little Rock Road
WWI Draft Registration: 12 Sep 1918, Cotton Plant, ARK, farmer for AF Maberry at Cotton Plant, wife Dollie, b Oct. 29, 1882
More About LEE MALOY and ANNIE RODGERS:
Marriage: 13 Mar 1910, Monroe County, Arkansas
More About LEE MALOY and DOLLIE PUTT:
Marriage: Bef. Oct 1918, Cotton Plant, Monroe County, AR
Child of LEE MALOY and ANNIE RODGERS is:
i. KATIE MAHALEY ESTELLE5 MALOY.
Children of LEE MALOY and DOLLIE PUTT are:
ii. KATIE MAHALEY ESTELLE5 MALOY, b. 23 Jan 1911, Arkansas, Monroe County; d. 08 Sep 1998, Memphis, Tennessee or Tunica, Mississippi; m. DAVID MAHAN.
More About KATIE MAHALEY ESTELLE MALOY:
Social Security Number: Bet. 1953 - 1954, 565-48-0308 Social Security Death Index Record, last residence Tunica, Tunica, MS, card issued 1953-54 in California.
iii. ELBY ANDREW MALOY, b. 14 Dec 1919, Arkansas, Lonoke, Magness twp, Dist. 173, with son Lee, wife Dollie, 3 children; d. 26 Jan 1966.
iv. LEE DILLON MALOY, b. 22 Dec 1924, Arkansas; d. 07 Oct 1997; m. IDELLA PRISCILLA MCGINNIS, 19 Oct 1946, Brinkley, Monroe County Arkansas; b. Abt. 1925.
More About LEE MALOY and IDELLA MCGINNIS:
Marriage: 19 Oct 1946, Brinkley, Monroe County Arkansas
v. DOROTHY QUINDALENE MALOY, b. 15 Apr 1931; d. 15 Apr 1931.
4. vi. DORIS JEAN MALOY, b. 02 Jan 1933.
Generation No. 4
4. DORIS JEAN5 MALOY (LEE ANDREW4, DANIEL JACKSON3, HUGH M.2, UNKNOWN1) was born 02 Jan 1933. She married UNKNOWN MOSELEY.
Child of DORIS MALOY and UNKNOWN MOSELEY is:
5. i. DENNIS6 MOSELEY.
I have a little more info on the lineage, but it gets into a current timeframe and relates to some living individuals.
Now that I've posted a little update information on the boards, I will email you directly.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|