My immigrant MANG family arrived through New York City around 1835-1840 from Hesse Darmstadt.
William MANG ( shoe maker / Leather dealer) lived at 51 Tupper in Old East Side Buffalo, NY and Justina KOCH (William did not get his naturalization papers
until Feb. 21, 1852.)
1. Adam MANG (1841) married Margaret PLEUTHNER children: Esther, Gustavus, &
2. William Mang (1845?) moved to California before 1894.
3. Sophinus Mang (1847) married ? children: Charlotte and Elizabeth
4. Mary C. MANG (1849) married Mr. GERLACH
5. Elizabeth b: Dec. 23, 1851; married Charles HERRMANN about 1870
6. John W. MANG b:1853 (blacksmith in 1875 Census) married to
Elizabeth.children: John E. 1880
7. Christina MANG b: 1856; married Mr. HARTFELDER
8. August MANG b: 1858
9. Katherine MANG b: July 1860; married Charles PETZING (jewler) children:
10. Albert G. MANG b: 1863 (Book Keeper at William H. Walker & Co.)
11. Clara MANG b: about 1865; d: abt. 1879
12. Phineas Mang (still born) He had a twin sister, Elizabeth. They were
mentioned in the cemetery transcripts as still born children.
I have not mapped out anymore yet on this family as I have not been through
records or BCD for corresponding years yet. Most of this family is buried at
Forest Lawn Cemetery.
Would love to hear from you if you are researching this family.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|