I am trying to coordinate with others who are researching the line of William Alex and Catharine (Walker) McCready, whose basic details are as follows:
William, b. 1806 in Washington County Pennsylvania
m. Catharine Walker in 1829, Campbell County, Kentucky
Later moved to Iowa (Van Buren, Wapello, Taylor Counties) and Missouri (Holt County).
William d. 1866, Holt County, Missouri
Catharine d. 180 Holt County, Missouri
More details are below in a cc: of an email I sent out to known Willaim & Catharine researchers......
If you are receiving this e-mail, it's because I've been in touch with you at some point regarding the genealogy of William and Catherine (Walker) McCready. I am a descendent of William and Catherine's youngest daughter, Adelia. As some of you know, I moved from Austin, Texas to Dublin, Ireland last year and took a break from my research until I got resettled. Now that I'm acclimated, I'm getting back into my research and wanted to touch base to 1) see whether you've made any new discoveries and 2) to brainstorm a bit regarding how we could all coordinate our efforts.
If you're not currently doing any research (or simply too busy to even think about genealogy right now), perhaps you could send me a quick e-mail to let me know whether you'd like to receive further emails regarding anything I uncover in the future or not? For those of you who do have a few minutes, please read on…..
I am aware of the following researchers (arranged by their ancestor):
Nancy: Tracy St. Clare
Sarah: Ann Sexton, Judy Johns
Margaret: Patty Starrit, Mary Parks, Keith Chambers(?--Keith: I know we've talked about this, but I can't remember who your ancestor is)
Charles P: Joy Bell
Adelia: Erin O'Brien
?: Paul Swan (Paul: Are you a descendent of William and Catherine, or are you researching a related McCready family?)
Does anyone know of other researchers whom I have missed?
My Research Plan:
My research to date is on-line at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ewilhelm/mccready/default.htm
My future plans:
1) Some of my sources (census records, etc), are already on-line. I plan to post the rest of my sources on-line in the hopes that other researchers may see some clues that I have overlooked.
2) I think my next step will be researching land records/grants, starting with those in Iowa and Missouri. Has anyone done any research in this area?
Summary of Information I'm seeking:
1) Do you know of any other descendants of William and Catherine who are conducting research?
2) Have you done any research into land records related to William and Catherine, particularly in Iowa and Missouri, but also in Kentucky?
3) Do you have any ideas about how we can all coordinate, share information, and work together?
4) Do you have any other details to share regarding William and Catherine?
3) Do you have any details on William & Catherine's children that may provide clues--birthplaces, obituaries, etc? I have the following specific questions about their children:
Sarah: I show Sarah as being born in Iowa between 1838 - 1839. Do you know which County/township, etc? Do you know her exact birth date?)
Margaret: My records show that Margaret was born in Illinois. Do you know which County/township? I noticed Illinois is only +/- 30 miles from the eastern edge of Van Buren Co., Iowa. Do you know if William & Catherine had actually moved to Illinois during this time period, or whether they were just visiting relatives or something?
Charles P: My records show that Charles P. was born in Iowa in 1854. Do you know which County/township? Do you know his exact birthdate?
I know this is a busy time for everyone with the holidays coming up, but when you get a chance, I’d be very interested in hearing your ideas and your progress to date.
50 – 52 Dame Street
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|