Dorothy McGhee Luckenbill, wife of Graham Luckenbill
II. Saint Jamesí Church, Danbury
The Episcopal church was organized and incorporated in Danbury, Connecticut, in 1762, and known as the First Episcopal Church. The initial church building was erected on South Street near where the South Street School now stands. It was completed in 1767 and was large enough to accommodate four to five hundred people. During the Revolutionary War, Saint James was used as a warehouse for Yankee military stores. The church was spared by the British during the burning of Danbury in April of 1777, because it was an Anglican Church.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|