I was excited today to see your message as I think we share the same ancestor. James McGimpsey is as far back as the information I have goes. I have the following information. (I got the records from my father, so I did not do the original research):
James McGimpsey, b. 1794 Co. Down, Ireland, d. 27 Apr 1860 at Toll Cross, Scotland. His wife was Mary Johnstone (that seems to be much like the Jamieson you listed, just another spelling). Their children were:
1. Mary Ann McGimpsey b. about 1820, 1822 in Co. Down, Ireland md. William Patterson
2. John McGimpsey born about 1822 in Co. Down Ireland md. Mattie McGimpsey
3. William McGimpsey b. 15 Aug 1826 in Delrie (listed in another place as Newtonards, Down, Ireland)d.12 July 1900 in Midway, Wasatch, Utah. Bur. in Midway, Wasatch, Utah md. Elizabeth McElroy on 18 Aug 1846 in Newtonards, Down, Ireland (this is my ancestor)
4. Eliza McGimpsey b. abt 1828 in Delrie md. George McCan
5. David McGimpsey b. abt 1830 Delrie (I have it listed as being in Scotland)md. Mary Ward
6. Robert McGimpsey b. about 1832
My records also say that 5. David McGimpsey had six children: Elizabeth (who had two children--is that right?) James, William, David, Charley and Mary There is also a note by the side of the names of Charley and Mary that says, "His father's name is Livingston" (I do not know who is being refered to as "His")No dates are listed for any of these.
I have a family group record of William McGimpsey and His wife Elizabeth McElroy and their children and the rest of the line I come through. Let me know what is of interest.
Questions for you: Is James McGimpsey and Mary Jamieson as far back as you have information on? Where did you find your information? Do you have any sources of where your information came from? I am trying to link us up further in Ireland, but have not had success.
I have been to the grave of William and Elizabeth in Midway. There are grave markers there. There son, David (who never married) as well as their daughter Mary Ann are buried in Lindon, Utah and I have been to their graves too.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|