Newton R. (maybe Roy, as he had a son named Roy) “Newt” McHone, b. September 1881 in Norton Kansas and died in 1977 at age 97. Between 1900 and 1906, he went to the Oklahoma Territory, where he met and married Dollie “May” McNett circa 1905. (She is also listed as May D.) She was born in May 1888 in Kansas, and died on 6 December 1957 in Augusta, Butler, KS, daughter of Champion “Champ” McNett (b. c1850) and Mary A. (surname unknown, b. October 1854). In the 1910 census, he was working for neighbors as a day laborer, doing odd jobs. After their son was born, Newton and May moved to Kiowa, Barber County, Kansas, and around 1921, moved back to Oklahoma.
1. Newton A. McHone, b. 1906 b. Oklahoma.
2. William “Bill” McHone, b. c.1907, possibly in Kansas, d. 1934; married Stella Mae Shockley.
3. Roy McHone, b. 1908, probably Kansas; m. first to Virginia Eagon; second to Anna Bell Loca.
4. Anna M. McHone, b. 15 Nov. 1909 in Kiowa, Barber, Kansas; died on 6 December 1999 in Augusta, Butler, KS. She married Hubert A. “Slim” Matthews, born 1905, and died in 1989. Don and Ellen Branscome and Linda Spiker visited Anna in Shattuck, Oklahoma, when she was 90 years old. She told them about riding to Oklahoma from Kansas on horseback when she was 12 years old, on her father’s cattle drive. Likely, some of her brothers were also on the drive. After the cattle were moved, they returned to Kansas, packed up the family in a covered wagon and moved back to Oklahoma. Anna had two children.
1. Robert Ed Matthews.
2. Betty Rae Matthews married William Andrew Holt, born 1925, d. 1970. They had a daughter Nancy Lynn Holt.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|