I am looking for information on my McShane family that immigrated from Ireland (unknown county) some time between June 1863 and 1864 to Middlesboro, England. They then immigrated to Pittsburgh, PA around 1887. Some stayed in Pittsburgh, but others moved on to East Chicago, IN in the early 1900's.
I have Patrick McSHANE b. abt. 1841 Ireland married to Susan McCOY (parents Edward McCOY and Bridget UNKNOWN) b abt. 1843 in Ireland. Their children are:
- Bridget b. June 1863 in Ireland married to James Henry McShane b. October 1862 in Swatragh Derry Ireland
- Patrick b. Jan/Feb/Mar 1865 in Yorkshire, England
- Edward b. abt. 1866 Middlesboro, England
- Mary b. March 1868 Middlesboro, England married to James CONNELL April 3, 1888 in Pittsburgh, PA
- Julia b. Jan/Feb/Mar 1870 Middlesboro, England d. Jul/Aug/Sept 1871
- Rose Ann b. Feb 29, 1872 Middlesboro, England d. March 28, 1912 Pittsburgh, PA m. Myles CREEGAN, Edward DORAN, and Michael BURKE
- Terrence Joseph b. September 1877 Middlesboro, England m. Bridget UNKNOWN d. East Chicago, IN
- Catherine (Katie) b. abt. 1880 Middlesboro, England m. Mark Broderick in Pittsburgh, PA
I know that Bridget, Terrence, Catherine, and Susan moved to East Chicago, IN.
My G-Grandmother was Mary McSHANE CONNELL. I don't have any infomation before the 1871 England Census on where this family lived, so I am greatly interested in discovering more about them.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|