My 3rd-great-grandfather, Patrick McSweeney was born in Ireland in ~1786, possibly in Cappamore, county Limerick. He married Alice Fox and, while in Ireland, they had three children:
· Alice (b. 18??)
· Thomas (b. 1817)
· Patrick Jr. (b. 1821)
Patrick Jr. was my 2nd-great-grandfather.
Alice died sometime between 1821 and 1823, and Patrick married Jane Spellman (b, ~1810 in Ireland). They had ten children:
· Edward (b. 1820)
· Bridget (b. 1823 in Ireland, d. January 07, 1883)
· Emma (b. 1832 in New York)
· Jane (b. 1834 in New York)
· Elizabeth (b. 1837)
· Ann (b. 1839)
· John (b. 1844 in New York)
It is believed that the family left Cappamore in 1827 and traveled by ship to Canada and then overland travel through Quebec into Clinton County, New York.
The 1850 Census for the Town of Clinton, County of Clinton, NY lists
· Patrick Sweeney Jr. (30), farmer, born in Ireland
· Ellen (25), born in Canada
· James (4) and Mary Jane (2), both born in New York.
This put the date of his marriage to Ellen at about 1845, probably shortly after the McSweeney family arrived in North America.
Please contact me at email@example.com for more info.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|