Let me be clear about what I'm saying: I don't know for sure who Eunice Meech's parents were; this is just the best information I have so far.
* I've looked at a lot of Preston-area records, looking for any sign of a Eunice Meech of approximately the right age.
* The only one I've found is listed as a daughter in the will of a William Meech of Preston, who died 1776, as I stated before.
* One piece of evidence supporting this being the 'correct' Eunice is that another probably older daughter named in the will is named Mabel -- and a Mabel Meech was married by the same minister as Eunice, but four years earlier.
* There's nothing in the will that suggests whether Zipporah is his second wife.
* I don't see any other William Meechs in the right time and place.
I think that's all my evidence at this point. What do you have on William Meech and Hannah Freeman? Is there a marriage record for them, or a birth record for Eunice or any of these other children of William? [Timothy, David, Mabel, Anne].
Looking forward to sharing more information.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|