John Ferry was born on 09 Jul 1754 in Sheffield, Berkshire, MA. He died on 16 Jul 1832 in Forestville, Chautauqua Co, NY. American War of Independence Military Record Private, First Regiment of NY Continental Line. (DAR 1925). Lived first in Saratoga Co. 1790 Census, then Onondaga Co, NY, Pompy (1810 and 1820 census). His son John L. Ferry preceded him to Chautauqua Co. NY
John married Susanna Munn (born17 Nov 1752 in Brimfield, Hampden, MA) daughter of Nathaniel Munn Jr. and Ruth West. She died on 26 Jul 1830 in Forestville, NY.
Both John and Susannah are buried in the Pioneer Cemetery in Forestville, Chautauqua Co. NY
1. Mabel Ferry was born in 1773, married ? Clemmons.
2. Loisa Ferry was born in 1775, married Ephraim Judson. They are both buried in Chautauqua Co. and lived in Onondaga Co.
3. Lucy Ferry was born in 1779, married Ashbel Messenger, moved to and died in Lake CO. Ohio
4. Huldah Ferry was born in 1782, she married a Simeon / Silas Cady.
5. John Lawrence Ferry was born on 11 May 1784, He married Sada B. Foskett in 1804. He died on 22 Jan 1866 in Forestville, NY
6. Susannah Ferry was born in 1787. She married Horace Caste (Onondaga Co.) moved to Lake County Ohio, was there by 1828. married Joseph Rider in 1832, is dead by 1835.
7. Nathaniel Ferry born 1789, died young
8. Silas W. Ferry, born 1793, died April 16, 1863 in Madison Lake Co.. Ohio (lived first in Chautauqua Co NY before going to Ohio)
I love the family story because you can find them together in Onondaga Co, then John Senior and John Lawrence, and Silas and Loisa all go to Chautauqua Co. Estate records show that Huldah Cady also lived in Chautauqua Co. in 1835. Then there are family that moves on to Lake and Geuga Co Ohio. (Lucy and Susannah and later Silas)
I wish I could find a burial place for Lucy and Ashbel Messenger. Have you had any luck?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|