No problem it happens. I know that Karl S. Packard repeated said this was correct but I never could get him to send me the source to prove it. It is my understanding his manuscripts/collection was given to NEGS.
Being disabled in California makes some of the research out for me and I have to rely on the graciousness of others.
At the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGS) I would love for someone to:
- Look at original town records, especially Brookfield
- Examine Corbin Collection for more detail on Brookfield for the time period.
- Consult indexes to wills to research siblings of Sarah and of Susannah
- Check whether the Manuscripts collection includes the papers of Karl S. Packard and whether they can be examined.
- Check for other items in Manuscript collection (diaries, Bibles, etc.)
- Find further info on Susannah's siblings.
- Consult local history books
- Examine 1790, 1800 census
At National Archives Regional Branch in Waltham
- Look up pension info for Joseph in revolution. There is also a Jedidiah Foster who fought in Rev., probably Theo’s brother. Not to be confused with Jedidiah Foster who was Theophilus Father who served.
At the Courthouses
Worcester County Courthouse for Sarah’s children and grandchildren who stayed in Brookfield, Franklin County Courthouse for Joseph and Sarah Packard
-Windham County Courthouse, VT for Susanna and her siblings
Briefly from my notes:
Theophilus Foster was also a Soldier in the Revolutionary war. Foster Genealogy, pub 1899, pp 97 and 219-
Theophilus Foster was the son of Jedediah Foster, and lived in Wilmington, VT. He served in the Revolutionary War in Captain Wright's company that marched from Brookfield, MA to the alarm April 19-23, 1775.
I have Joseph and Sarahs marriage record and burial record.
I believe Joseph and Sarah lived in VT and then back to MASS where they died and were buried in Fish Hill Cemetery in New Salem which later became Prescott. I have original interment and reinterment records.
You can always contact me directly to continue this discussion.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|