I have found the parents and siblings of my 2g-grandfather Anthony Pailing [Paling in Eng] b.1815 and his brother James.
I found them in the Parish Registers of Skillington,Lincolnshire, England.(FHL film #1450485)
Anthony and Elizabeth PALING had the following 9 children all baptized at Skillington.
I've copied the info as recorded in the PR.
1) 1799 July 28 (note: the 8 was smeared) William of Anthony and Elizabeth Pailing
2) Baptisms 1802 Anthony s. of Anthony and Elizabeth Paling Sept 8
Burial Mar 21, 1804 Anthony Son of Anthony and Elizabeth Paling (Skillington)
3) Baptisms 1804 Richard s. of Anthony & Elizth Pa(y)ling Sept 7 (smudged)
4) 1806 Mary Daur of Anthony & Elizth Paling (Nov) 26
(note: ____ used in her entry to indicate "same month as previous entry")
5) 1809 Catherine Daughter of Anthony & Eliz: Paling Octr 8th
Burial 1813 no.4 Catherine Paling abode-Skillington; when buried-April 8th; age- 4; by Jno Corrie
6) Baptisms 1812 Augt 30 James Son of Anthony & Elizth Palen Labourer
[The above records were microfilmed parchment records. From 1813 form books were used]
7) 1815 no.22 October 26th Antony Son of Anthony and Elizabeth Paling Skillington Labourer by Jno Corrie
8) 1818 no.54 July 5th Elizabth Daur of Anthony & Elizbth Palin Skillington Labourer by Jno Corrie
9) 1821 no.97 18 April Catherine Daughter of Anthony & Elizabeth Paling Skillington Labourer by John Pearson Office of Minister
Child 7 is my 2g-grandfather. He married Elizabeth GARFOOT 28 Dec 1846 at Skillington. The birth of their 1st child Richard is also recorded in the Skillington PR:
p. 64 1849 bottom entry
no.512 Feby 11th Richard Son of Anthony & Elizabeth Paling Skillington Laborer by JPPrenson, curate (ncw)
I think Child 1) William married Elizabeth CAUNT 8 Jan 1828 at Grantham, Lincolnshire. Baptisms of the following children are in the Skillington PR
1) 1829 no.207 Feby 8th Anthony Son of William & Elizabeth Paling Skillington Laborer by Geo Osborne Off Minister
2) 1832 no. 264 August 31st William Son of William & Elizabeth Paling Skillington Laborer by Philip Osborne, curate
3) 1835 no 307 June 12th James and Mary twin son & dr of William & Elizabeth Paling Skillington Laborer by Philip Osborne, curate
In the Skillington PR there is also a James and Ann Paling who had 7 children between 1801 and 1815 named: James, Richard, Catherine, Anthony, Mary, John and Elizabeth.
I'm sure James is related to my Anthony; I just need to figure out how.
Hope this helps someone.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|