Below is what I have on descendants of Josiah Whitttemore and Sarah Parlin. Sarah was previously m to Seth Stone. Possibly, Josiah Whittemore had a prior marriage as well. The census seems to indiacate that one of them had a dau b before 1800.
Descendants of Josiah Whittemore
Generation No. 1
1. JOSIAH1 WHITTEMORE was born Abt. 1760 in MA. He married SARAH PARLIN Abt. 1802 in prob Worc Co., MA, daughter of DANIEL PARLIN and MARY KING. She was born July 19, 1771 in Barre, Worcester, Massachusetts.
Notes for JOSIAH WHITTEMORE:
lived Clinton Co., NY, 1820; had 2 males 10-16; 2 females 26-45; 1 fem under 16.
(Census Clinton Co., NY 1820)
1810 census Clinton co., NY, Mooers Twp.
Whittemore, Josiah Mor. 924 2 - - 1 - (?) 1 - 1 - -
2 fw males under 10,
1 fw male 26-45
? females under 10
1 fw female 10 to 16
1 fw female 26-45
Children of JOSIAH WHITTEMORE and SARAH PARLIN are:
2. i. JOHN PARLIN2 WHITMORE, b. Bet. 1807 - 1808, MA or Conn., later lived, NY; d. Aft. 1860, Illinois.
ii. JONAS WHITMORE, b. Abt. 1809.
Notes for JONAS WHITMORE:
died young (John Parlin and His Descendants)
iii. JULIA WHITMORE, b. Abt. 1811.
Notes for JULIA WHITMORE:
died young (John Parlin annd His Descendents)
3. iv. LORENZO WHITMORE, b. Abt. 1813, Malone NY.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN PARLIN2 WHITMORE (JOSIAH1 WHITTEMORE) was born Bet. 1807 - 1808 in MA or Conn., later lived, NY, and died Aft. 1860 in Illinois. He married DELILA A. MILLER June 20, 1829 in Macon Co., Illinois, daughter of ISAAC MILLER and SUSANNAH MCCOY. She was born 1807 in Ohio, and died 1878 in bur. Kinman Burial grd., sect 2, Missouri Tp, Brown Co., Illinois.
>From "History of Macon County- Township Histories" p 451 under the
heading "Whitmore" it states: "John Whitmore, after whom the township
was named was the first bridegroom of the county after Macon county was
organized. His bride was Delilah Miller. They secured their marriage
license June 18, 1829 and were married two days later."
John and Delilah Whitmore later moved to Brown county IL where they
died. Three of their sons, Loren, Jonas and John served in the Civil
War in company F of the 119th Illinois Infantry. Their youngest son,
John Whitmore, b 1844 received the Congressional Medal of Honor on 8
June 1865, for his actions on April 9, 1865 in the battle to capture the
Confederate fort at At Ft. Blakely, Ala.
A memorial in honor of John Whitmore, Jr, was erected in Des moines
3. LORENZO2 WHITMORE (JOSIAH1 WHITTEMORE) was born Abt. 1813 in Malone NY. He married LOUISA WOODBURY October 26, 1836 in City: Bolton, County: Worchester, MA.
Married: 10/26/1836, Spouse:
City: Bolton, County: Worchester
Source: Family History Library, Salt Lake
City, Ut, Film # 0771314 & 0902012.
Notes for LOUISA WOODBURY:
from Bolton, MA (John Parlin and His Descendants)
Child of LORENZO WHITMORE and LOUISA WOODBURY is:
i. WALTER PARLIN3 WHITMORE, b. September 1838.
Notes for WALTER PARLIN WHITMORE:
"Res. North Attleboro, MA where he was Superintendent of Electric Light and Water Departments for many years" (John Parlin and His Descendents)
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|