I have not found anything about Austin directly. There were PATTEEs in Blackhawk, IA at the time of Austin. I've copied below info on John PATTEE who may be directly related to Austin. My apologies for the length of the note:
1. John was one of the oldest of the early settlers of Black HawkCounty. He was born in Topsham, Vermont. When he was three years of age his parents moved to Georgia, Vermont and three years later to Essex County, New York, where he lived until he was 19 years old. In 1810 they moved to Newark, Licking County,Ohio. When John was about 28 years old he went to Michigan and Canada and later to Illinois. He subsequently moved to Cape Girardeau, Missouri and three years later returned to Illinois. In 1855 he sold his property in Illinois to his son Josephus and moved to Bremer County, Iowa and in 1859 located on a farm . At that time his land was a tract of wild prairie but he cultivated it and erected good buildings. He set out trees and had a fine grove of cottonwood, ash, black cherry, black walnut, butternut and box elders. He married Christiana Seymour in 1810 and she died leaving five children, (one son lived in Monroe County, Michigan). He subequently married Catherine Wright, who died in Missouri and left nine children. He was married in Missouri on July 24, 1845 to Sarah Lovell, daughter of George W. and Elizabeth (Hemess) Lovell. They had seven children. John had a total of 21 children. He was in the War of 1812 and drew a pension from his service. He was a Republican and a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church since the age of 17.
2. He served in the War of 1812 as a private in Miller's 3rd Regt of Ohio Militia.
3. John is buried: Oakland Cemetery, Janesville, Bremer, IA
1. Updated: Sat Aug 25 19:44:56 2001 Contact: Janette Ponce <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2. Title: "Peter Pattee of Haverhill, Massachusetts: A 'Journeyman Shoemaker' and His Descendants"
Repository: New England Historic Genealogical Society
Publication: NEHG Register Vol. 147, Apr. 1993
by Marie Lollo Scalisi and Virginia M. Ryan
This source only lists one wife: Sally Ann Lovell.
20225 individuals, 6972 families from file D:\ftw\comb4.ged (2 Aug 1997)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|