Payan Family Genealogy Forum
I have this person in my files showing 10 children.
Dominique Payant b. 23 Nov. 1724 and Marie-Louise Laporte-Labonté (daughter of François Laporte and Marie Louise Chefdevergue) b. 12 Feb. 1725. m. 21 Feb. 1745.
4. Marie Félicité b. 28 Mar. 1750, m. 18 July 1774 to Pierre Dupré
5. Joseph b. abt. 1754 m. to Marie Angélique Emery
6. Joseph Dominique, b. 12 Feb. 1754
7. Etienne, b. 4 Dec. 1755, d. 4 Jan. 1756
8. Jean Marie, b. 4 Dec. 1755, d. 7 Dec. 1755
9. Pierre Marie, b. 20 Mar. 1757, m. 31, Jan, 1791 to Marie Constance Dupré (10 children)
10. Jean-Baptiste b. Abt. 1762, m. 3 Mar. 1783 to Marie Ursule Royor (at least 1 child)
This family was in the St. Ours area. Marva Jean Brown, daughter-in-law of Marcel William Joseph St. Onge of Lethbridge, AB has done work on this line.
It is true that there is no town by the name of St. Onge in Quebec, although there is a St. Onge Township in the Lac St. Jean area. There was also a Village St. Onge which was absorbed by Shawinigan Falls in 1920. It usually doesn't show up because the word "Village" was a part of its name - and who would ever think of looking for St. Onge in the V's.