I believe your John Bennett Peal was the son of Henry and Prudence (Tice)Peal. Here is Henry's will:
Microfilm #0019324 Martin Co, NC Wills No II 1810-1867
p 281 Will of Henry Peal
In the name of God Amen I Henry Peal of the State of North Carolina and County of Martin being in sound mind and memory do this the tenth day of March One thousand eight hundred and forty one, make and assign this my last will and Testament Beginning as follows
1. Item I give to my daughter Elisabeth Robason one feather Bed, bedstead and furniture and one chest one Table and two Chairs and one Cow & calf which she now has in possession, also one Linen wheel
2. Item I give to my Daughter Christina one Feather Bed Bedstead & furniture, one chest, one Table and two Chairs and one Cow and Calf and one Linen wheel.
3. Item I give to my Daughter Celia one feather Bed Bedstead & furniture one Chest one Table and two chairs and one Cow & Calf and Linen wheel
4. Item I give to my son Daniel Peal my brushes Island tract of Land with the exception of his paying my son Joel Peal one hundred and Fifty Dollars if he Joel returns to this Country on demand when Daniel comes of age, also I give to him One feather Bed Bedstead and furniture and one Cow and Calf
5. Item I give to my son Joel Peal One feather Bed Bedstead and furniture and one Cow & calf
6. Item I give to my son Henry Peal all my Ben Woolard tract of Land and One Feather Bed Bedstead and furniture and one Cow & Calf
7. Item I give to my son John B Peal all my Land whereon I now live and one feather Bed Bedstead and furniture and one cow and calf.
8. Item I give to my three Daughters Elizabeth Christina and Celia the first three children my nego Girl Rina bares if she bares them and they live or the three first that does live if (p 282)she does not bare them then I also give her to my three Daughters above mentioned that they be divided when Celia comes of age, but if Rina bares the three children above mentioned it is my wish and desire that she and the balance of her increase be equally divided between all my children namely Elizabeth, Joel, Daniel, Christina, Sereney, Celia & John B Peal
9. Item It is my wish that all my unmentioned property be sold and my debts paid and if any thing left it be equally divided between all my children above named, day and date above
Signed Sealed and delivered in presence of us
I make and ordain Humphrey Stallings Executor to this my last will & Testament
Wm B Perry
signed Henry Peal & seal
State of North Carolina
Martin County Court April Term 1844
The foregoing paper writing purporting to be the last Will and Testament of Henry Peal, was produced and proved in open Court by the oath of Wm B Perry a subscribing witness thereto and ordered to be recorded.
Whereupon Humphry Stallings the Executor therein named appeared in Court and qualified to the same.
Jos D Biggs Clk
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|