I can help you with the family you are asking about. Joshua A. Pendarvis is in my family, my great grandfather. Here is the family in its totality:
Daniel Pendarvis b. 29 Mar. 1785, d. 30 July 1849. Son of Joseph Pendarvis and _______ Strobel.
Wife: Ann C. Singletary, dau. of Ann Rumph and Michael Singletary, b. 4 Sept. 1806, d. 27 Oct. 1862, from a fall from a buggy when her mule ran away. She m. 2nd Jacob Jordan. They appear not to have had issue.
1. Joseph G. Pendarvis, b. 24 Oct. 1826, m. 11 July 1850 Eleanor A. Inabnet, b. 18 Jan. 1825, daughter of Baltis Inabnet. He enlisted 1 Mar. 1863 in Civil War, last muster roll dated Nov./Dec. 1864. Eleanor d. 11 Mar. 1880, Joseph d. 18 July 1909.
2. Joshua Allen Pendarvis, b.25 Oct. 1828, m. Anna Simons COOK and had 4 children, m. 2nd Mary Haldiman and had 3 children.
3. Daniel Adam Pendarvis, b. 23 July 1830, m. 3 Feb. 1859, Evan Martha Pendarvis, dau of Lewis and Mary Ann Pendarvis. She had first m. John Pendarvis, son of Josiah who was in turn son of Thomas Pendarvis and his second wife, Elizabeth _______. David Gavin (Diary) wrote of this and seemed to be overwhelmed because she was born PENDARVIS, had married twice and had never changed her name.
4. Thomas M. Pendarvis b. 24 May 1832, d. of drowning in Four Holes Swamp, 28 Mar. 1857. Apparently never married.
5. John B. Pendarvis, b. 4 Apr. 1834, died in hospital at Hardeville, S.C.16 Sept. 1862 as a result of Civil War. His brother, Daniel Adam Pendarvis petitioned the court to be appointed administrator of his estate. He said in his deposition that John B.'s only heirs were his brothers.
6. James O. A. Pendarvis, b. 14 Aug. 1836. James also served in the Civil War, was captured during April 1865. Nothing further.
7. Jacob Taliaferro Pendarvis, b. 21 day of Sept. 1838, m. Adelaide Lynch, no children. He also served in civil war and was captured, but survived, lived in Summerville, was a railroad worker, will dated 9 Feb. 1929 left most of his property to an adopted daughter, Caroline S. Platt, $1000 to each of two nephews. Adelaide d. 6 Feb. 1929, Jacob T. d. 27 Mar. 1929. They are bur. St. Paul's Churchyard in Summerville where they had lived.
8. William Preston Pendarvis, b. 1 Oct. 1843. He enlisted in Civil War at 18, 20 Aug. 1861.In 1880 census he was living with his brother, Jacob Talley, unmarried. He d. 28 May 1901.
9. Benjamin C. Pendarvis, b. 17 Feb. 1846. Enlisted in Civil War 8 Aug. 1862 as a substitute for his brother, Daniel Adam Pendarvis. In 1870, he was living in the home of his oldest brother, Joseph G. Pendarvis, and died the following year, 27 Sept. 1871, apparently unmarried.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|