Hello Perrigo Researchers,
Here’s my second question (specific):
My initial Perrigo ancestor is Nancy D. Perrigo, b. KY 1838, daughter of James Rock Perrigo and Drusilla Babcock.
Here is James Rock Perrigo’s line of ascent that I derived from early issues of the Perrigo Papers by Bob Bishop:
1. James Rock Perrigo (1795-1860)
2. Dr. Robert Perrigo (?-1829) and Nancy Rock
3. Joseph Perrigo (abt 1737-?)
4. David Perrigo (abt 1710-?) and C. Alsop
5. Ezekiel Perrigo (1679-?)
6. Robert Perrigo II (1650-?) and Mary
7. Robert Peregoe (?-1683) and Marah (Sarah?) Wood
More recently, an online post from B. (Byron?) Niemann in 2001 gave this line of ascent:
1. James Roch Perrigo (abt 1793/5-1860)
2. Robert T. Perrigo (abt 1761-1829) and Anna (Nancy) Roch
3. Dr. Robert Perrigo (1729-?) and Sarah Shorey
4. James Perrigo (?-1781) and Lydia Hayward
This list has different ancestors at generations 3 and 4. Mr. Niemann does not go further, but according to the Perrigo Papers, James was a brother of David and so generations 5 through 7 would be identical to the first list.
A personal letter from Bob Bishop to Wilma Lundh in 1983, copied to me, seems to indicate that he rearranged his tree sometime after the early publications to conform with the second chart.
Does anyone have any information on they can share?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|