I am looking for any information on the ancestors of John Person (1630-1707)who settled in Isle of Wight County, VA from Somerset (or Gloucester) England. The website below claims his father and grandfather were both named Richard Person and were involved in trade between England and colonial Virginia. However, I haven't been able to verify this. The following would be helpful:
- Passenger lists (ship manifests) for the Transverse (or Traverse) (1607), Weymouth (1635), and Transport (1648)
- Finding a Captain Richard Person (aka Richard Perse) in the London Company
- Finding a census showing a Richard Person (or Perse) in Jamestown in 1607 or 1608
- Determining who the Person Coat of Arms was granted to. The coat of arms is in the book, _Person(s) Lineage_ by George Fuller Walker
- Locating any of George Fuller Walker's notes on this topic that were not included in the book.
Here's the website -
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|