Yes, the information I have states that your Mary Pettus Wilson was a daughter of William Wilson, Jr., and wife Rebecca Brown. He was a Revolutionary soldier, placed on the pension roll in Georgia in 1823, had previously lived in Mecklenburg County, VA, and moved to Greene County, GA, 1806-7. He was born in VA 1753, died in GA 1833, married Rebecca Brown in 1782, VA, she a daughter of Thomas and Mary (Pettus) Brown, and was born 1752, VA. These were their children as I have them, apparently all born in Mecklenburg County, VA, and brought up in Greene County, GA, on and along the Oglethorpe County line:
1. Mary Pettus Wilson was born 14 July 1783, died 4 April 1817, married R. Jones.
2. Hannah Stone Wilson was born 4 October 1785, married Mr. Hutcheson.
3. Jensey Wilson was born 10 December 1787, married Mr. Fleming.
4. Elizabeth Wilson was born 30 October 1789, married Mr. Callahan.
5. Amy Wilson was born 17 December 1791, died 18 November 1824.
6. Rebecca Ballard Wilson was born 8 April 1794, married Mr. Leftwich.
7. Cittury Fraser Wilson was born 4 November 1796, died 16 June 1811.
8. James Wilson was born 2 April 1798, died 16 June 1801.
9. William Pettus Wilson I was born in September 1801 and died in Fayette County, GA, in June 1832. He married in 1824 Sarah Williams and they settled in Fayette County, GA, where she married second, Josiah R. Reeves. They are ancestors of the Wilson family formerly of Hampton, Henry County, GA.
10. Thomas Brown Wilson was born 15 October 1803, married Martha Williams and lived at Bairdston on the line between Greene and Oglethorpe Counties, GA.
11. Nancy Burlington Wilson was born 2 December 1806, died 18 November 1825.
Records of this Wilson family are found in both Greene and Oglethorpe Counties, GA, because of their living along the county line. That part of Oglethorpe County was originally Greene County, but Oglethorpe had been formed by the time the Wilsons moved to Georgia.
I did not research this family, but the information was sent to me by a descendant of these Wilsons and I wrote the family history, in brief form, for "First Families of Henry County, Georgia," published in 1993, and for which I was overall editor.
I do hope this information will be some help to you. If you are seeking proofs for a lineage society, I can perhaps refer you to a descendant who can help. I do not have the records you would need for that.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|