This represents the information I have on Pfefferle. This line is not a direct line in my research. There is another posting by a David J. Sautter who has information on Johannes Pfefferle; and off the top of my head, I do not recall whether it was this same forum or on Ancestry.com's message forum. He has researched quite a bit from Endingen
and even made a presentation there of the first two installments of his book.
I hope this helps you. My connection is that Katherine Ann Pfefferle was first wife to my father-in-law. Following her death, Harold Morton Piper married again, and they had my husband. No one knows what became of Katherine Ann Piper, daughter of that first marriage. She would be half-sister to my husband.
Descendants of Johannes "John" Pfefferle
Generation No. 1
1. JOHANNES "JOHN"1 PFEFFERLE1 was born October 24, 1842 in Endingen, Wurttemberg, Germany, and died January 19, 1913 in Grant Co., IN. He married MARGARET WALTERS1. She was born January 13, 1852 in PA, and died March 23, 1916 in Indiana.
Children of JOHANNES PFEFFERLE and MARGARET WALTERS are:
i. ELIZABETH2 PFEFFERLE, d. Unknown.
ii. LAURA PFEFFERLE1, d. Unknown; m. FRANK MCCREADY, January 08, 1898, Grant Co., IN2; d. Unknown.
Marriage Notes for LAURA PFEFFERLE and FRANK MCCREADY:
Grant County, Indiana
Book 11 (Aug 1895-Apr 1898)
Name: Frank McCready
Spouse: Laura Pfefferle
Marriage Date: 08 Jan 1898
2. iii. LEWIS EUGENE WALTER PFEFFERLE, b. September 13, 1875, Pennsylvania; d. February 14, 1937.
iv. EDWARD PFEFFERLE3, b. Abt. 1879; d. Unknown; m. MYRTLE NAUGLE4; d. Unknown.
v. AUGUST PFEFFERLE5, b. Abt. 1881, Pennsylvania5; d. Unknown.
3. vi. KATHERINE ANN PFEFFERLE, b. December 25, 1886, Pennsylvania; d. June 17, 1931, Trinity Hosp., Little Rock, Arkansas.
4. vii. HENRIETTA PFEFFERLE, b. January 29, 1890, Pennsylvania; d. 1984.
viii. CARRIE PFEFFERLE5, b. Abt. 1893, Pennsylvania5; d. Unknown; m. DAVE ALEXANDER; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 2
2. LEWIS EUGENE WALTER2 PFEFFERLE (JOHANNES "JOHN"1)6,7,8 was born September 13, 1875 in Pennsylvania, and died February 14, 1937. He married RACHEL HANNAH DILLON9 December 12, 1899 in Grant Co., IN10,11. She was born June 05, 1877 in Pennsylvania12, and died December 02, 1941 in Indiana.
Marriage Notes for LEWIS PFEFFERLE and RACHEL DILLON:
Grant County, Indiana
Book 12 (Mar 1898-Mar 1900)
Name: Lewis E. W. Pfefferle
Spouse: Rachel Dillon
Marriage Date: 12 Dec 1899
Children of LEWIS PFEFFERLE and RACHEL DILLON are:
5. i. LEWIS JOHN3 PFEFFERLE, b. December 24, 1900, Center Twp., Grant Co., IN; d. February 07, 1980, Center Twp., Grant Co., IN.
ii. ESTHER PFEFFERLE13, b. 1903; d. Unknown.
3. KATHERINE ANN2 PFEFFERLE (JOHANNES "JOHN"1)14,15 was born December 25, 1886 in Pennsylvania16, and died June 17, 1931 in Trinity Hosp., Little Rock, Arkansas17. She married HAROLD MORTON PIPER18,19 June 07, 1923 in Ft Wayne, Allen CO., IN20,21. He was born March 03, 1888 in Chillicothe, Peoria Co. IL22, and died August 20, 1976 in Texas City, Galveston CO., Texas23.
Marriage Notes for KATHERINE PFEFFERLE and HAROLD PIPER:
Katherine Pfefferle and Harold M Piper met while both were at the Soldier's Home in Marion, Indiana, where Katherine was head nurse. Harold either worked there or was a patient there. This information from Georgianna Pfefferle Rutherford, a niece of Katherine Ann, and who has researched her Pfefferle line for over 20 years. Found Katherine Pfefferle on the 1910 Fed Census enumerated as an employee of the Marion Branch of National Homes for Disabled Vol. Soldiers, Members and Employees. She was 24 years old. This source stated she was “diet cook.”
Allen County, Indiana Marriage Records
1921 - 1925 Vol. III L - Q
Name: Katherine Pfefferle
Spouse: Harold M. Piper
Marriage Date: 07 Jun 1923
Comment: Handwritten note used
Residence: Ft Wayne
Father: John Pfefferle
Mother: Margaret Walters
Marriage #: 1
Location: Ft Wayne
Children of KATHERINE PFEFFERLE and HAROLD PIPER are:
i. GEORGE MORRIS3 PIPER24, b. February 13, 192425; d. February 13, 1924, RR 11, Marion IN26.
6. ii. KATHERINE ANN PIPER, b. Private.
4. HENRIETTA2 PFEFFERLE (JOHANNES "JOHN"1)27,28,29 was born January 29, 1890 in Pennsylvania29, and died 1984. She married FREDERICK FLANAGAN November 23, 1911 in Marion, Grant Co., IN30. He died Unknown.
Marriage Notes for HENRIETTA PFEFFERLE and FREDERICK FLANAGAN:
Grant County, Indiana
Book 18 (Jan 1910-Apr 1912)
Name: Fred Flanagan
Spouse: Henrietta Pfefferle
Marriage Date: 23 Nov 1911
Children of HENRIETTA PFEFFERLE and FREDERICK FLANAGAN are:
i. FREDERICK3 FLANAGAN, b. Private.
ii. EDWARD FLANAGAN, b. Private.
iii. MARY HELENE FLANAGAN, b. Private.
iv. MARGARET KATHERINE FLANAGAN, b. Private.
Generation No. 3
5. LEWIS JOHN3 PFEFFERLE (LEWIS EUGENE WALTER2, JOHANNES "JOHN"1)31,32,33,33 was born December 24, 1900 in Center Twp., Grant Co., IN, and died February 07, 1980 in Center Twp., Grant Co., IN. He married LEOTA GRACE SMELTZER34 June 19, 1920 in Kokomo, Indiana. She was born June 28, 1896 in Liberty Twp., Howard Co., indiana35,36, and died June 16, 1998 in Marion, Grant Co., Indiana.
Children of LEWIS PFEFFERLE and LEOTA SMELTZER are:
i. ELIZABETH JOAN4 PFEFFERLE, b. Private; m. NORMAL VERNON MILEM, Private; b. Private.
7. ii. GEORGIANNA IRENE PFEFFERLE, b. Private.
iii. WILLIAM LOUIS PFEFFERLE, b. Private; m. HELEN LOUISE YOUNG, Private; b. Private.
iv. ROBERT JAMES PFEFFERLE37, b. April 06, 192738; d. June 12, 1999, Marion, Grant Co., Indiana39; m. DOROTHY MAE SMITH, Private; b. Private.
6. KATHERINE ANN3 PIPER (KATHERINE ANN2 PFEFFERLE, JOHANNES "JOHN"1) was born Private. She married RAY DURHAM Private. He was born Private.
Child of KATHERINE PIPER and RAY DURHAM is:
i. MICHAEL4 DURHAM, b. Private.
Generation No. 4
7. GEORGIANNA IRENE4 PFEFFERLE (LEWIS JOHN3, LEWIS EUGENE WALTER2, JOHANNES "JOHN"1) was born Private. She married VERNON A. RUTHERFORD Private. He was born Private.
Children of GEORGIANNA PFEFFERLE and VERNON RUTHERFORD are:
i. JOHN VERNON5 RUTHERFORD, b. Private.
ii. JANNA LEE RUTHERFORD, b. Private; m. STANLEY CHAFIN, Private; b. Private.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|