We are researching our Fifer family, and have realized its possible some of them may have used the spelling Pifer. There are a lot of Pifer/Fifer/Peiffer's in PA. Thought I would give it a shot in the dark and see if you are familiar with any of the Fifer's in my line:
Jesse Fifer b.abt.1815 Phila. m.Rachel Andrews b.abt.1820 phila. Do not have date of death or where they are buried. Nor do we know their parents names. Have always been told our ancestors are from Germany.
1. Richard Anderson Fifer b.1840 Salem, NJ d.1914 Phila. buried in Magnolia cemetery, Tacony, Phila.PA. He married Mary Ann Sickels in First Presbyterian Church of Kensington, Phila, PA 1865. He was in the Civil War 1861-1865, Co. C 32nd PA reserve out of Newtown, Bucks Co., PA.
2. Edward Andrews Fifer b. 1842 Phila. d. 1910 NJ? buried in North Cedar Hill cemetery, Phila, PA.
3. Elizabeth Fifer b. 1846 PA
4. Hannah Fifer b.1844 PA
5. Neil Fifer b. after 1850? unsure
Their may be others. Alot of the above lines are buried in Magnolia cemetery and North Cedar Hill cemetery.
Richard and Mary Ann children were:
1. Emma Fifer b.1869 d.1933 buried in Magnolia cemetery, 2. Edward Hicks Fifer b.1874 (named after the famous painter from PA, Edward Hicks)
3. Carrie Fifer b. 1876 d. 1884
4. Cora Fifer b.1878 d. 1937
5. Herbert Fifer b.1885
6. Wilma and William Fifer (twins) d. as infants
7. Warren Fifer d. as infant
If any of the above sounds familiar, please let us know!
Thanks and good luck with your search.
Mark and Tracy Fifer
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|