Have you read the information by Forrest King - "Descendants of Thomas Pitman" and/or a Jesse M Lawrence - in Family Treemaker? And there is the Americans of Gentle Birth and Their Ancestors, also Tennessee Cragons and Their Kin, written by Henry D. Cragon of Birmingham, AL at the Halifax Library in Halifax, N.C. This last book refutes what the Americans of Gentle Birth says about the Thomas with Hannah Fioelding. All are very good, but they make me question the info I am using. I actually show 5 Thomas Pittmans in my line with the Thomas Pittman born ca 1658/9 being married to a Mary (Chambers) Holleman, and possibly Hannah Fielding. But as I said the two different takes on the Pitmans by King and Lawrence make me question my info. I have and am trying to straighten out
1) Capt. Thomas1 Pittman b ca 1614 in Monmouthshire, England m Francis Unk, m Martha "Mary" Marriott, Atkinson, Gwaltney, m Lydia (Gray) Judkins
2) Thomas2 Pittman b ca 1634/6 m Lydia de Gray????
3) Thomas3 Pittman b ca 1658/9 m Mary (Chambers) Holleman, m Hannah Fielding???
4) Thomas4 Pittman b ca 1683 m Elizabeth Lancaster
5) Thomas5 Pittman b ca 1704-08 m Ann Coffield (Coferd) and this would be where my Thomas' end as he shows up as the father of Nathan William Pittman, father of Nathan, etc. as in my previous message.
What does it cost to do the DNA testing? And where do you do this?
Thanks for your info.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|