I have a CARDEW FAMILY TREE written up in 1949 by David Cardew son of Henry Masters Cardew together with the Cornelius Cardew D.D. crest on it. It is quite complete up to 1949, but I am finding some mistakes in it.
On this tree it shows:
Pollet b) Curry Malet, Somerset Sep 10, 1817 d) Sep 12 1900 Eurombah Station, Queensland, Australia. m1) Mary Louisa LUCAS m) Dec 3 1851 she d) 1888. (Underneath this in pencil is written 'Ellen/Don Lenard b)Nov4 1840 D Daughter Mrs Chapman' m2) ?
Pollet and Mary's children were all born in Australia.
1) Henry Ponsonby Lucas b) Sep 18 1853 m) Ethel Mary WEALE m) May 2 1888.
2) Pollet Loftus b) Jan 17 1856 at Ipswich, he was a Solicitor, Ipswich, Queensland d) May 30 1916. m) Victoria FERRIER m) Jan 11, 1882. She b) Nov 16 1860 at Breeza, New South Wales d) Nov 1 1938 at Toowoomba, Queensland. Both buried at Ipswich cemetery Queensland.
3) Katherine Louisa Lucas b) May 6 1852 m)H. Grosvenor SIMPSON
4) Eva Cornelia b) Sep 8 1857 m) A. THOMPSON
5) Minnie Polletta b) Aug 31 1863 m) G. MACARTNEY
6) Charlotte Maude Lucas b) Ju 19 1865 (exact month unknown) m) J.R. GAIR
7) Caroline Tottenham Lucas (Mary) b) Oct 25 1865 d) 1949 m) Sir Edward MACARTNEY, Agent General, Queensland
8) Francis Tottenham Lucas b) Ju 7 1860 m) Ruth Mary CROSS m) Ap 1888.
9) This child is a decendant to m2) ?. Leonard b) Nov 4 1890, wounded Passchendaele Sept 10 1917.
10) You say that Leonard had a twin. There is no mention whatsoever on this sheet of mine.
Henry and Ethel had one child, Henry Pollet b) Dec 8 1889 d) Nov 10 1891.
Pollet and Victoria had three children. 1) Colin Loftus b) Jul 28 1885 (my husband's Grandfather) m) Alice Hazlett HUNTER m) Jul 24 1907. She b) Jan 7 1886 d) Jul 2 1945. 2) Eva Minnie Victoria b) June 2 1888 d) Nov 21 1979 m) Edward Patrick Thynne REAL of Dara, Queensland. He b) July 18 1884 d) Feb 18 1947. 3) Sybil Mary Constance b) Dec 29 1883 d) Sept 24 1968 m) Robert Cunningham HOGARTH m) Jan 11 1905. He b) May 18 1877 d) May 18 1960.
Francis and Ruth had two children. 1) Tottenham Cross Lucas b) July 9 1889. d) Oct 25 1919 in Abbeville, France being in the AIF Australian Imperial Forces. 2) Rita Ruth b) Oct 6 1895, still unmarried in 1949.
As far as the girls go, there is no mention of any families there as the tree only follows the male line.
I have photographs of Frederic, Pollet Loftus and Minnie (Minna)and a young and old Cornelius D.D., which I don't believe I can post on this site. Contact me off site if you want copies of them.
Re 'poor' Uncle Pollet, he arrived in New South Wales on board the 'Mary Ann' on the 9th July 1852 with his wife and a female servant. Apart from him buying Eurombah Station, I know nothing else of him.
Thank you for all of your information.
I hope all of this makes sense to you.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|