I, Sheldon Polovin, am the son of James Polovin (deceased 1990 in Long Beach, California, and Edith Rovick Polovin (deceased November 1999 in San Diego, California). My parents were divorced in 1952 in San Diego CA.
I was born at Quintard Hospital in San Diego, California, on April 24, 1944, and currently reside in San Marcos, California. I have no brothers and sisters. In November of 2000 I married Frankie Sorrentino (born at Long Beach Naval Hospital on July 10, 1945).
My father, James Polovin was born in Russia c. May 1907, died November 1990 in Long Beach CA. To my knowledge, his parents, William & Molly (both deceased) had 3 other children:
1) Harold (deceased);
2) Arthur (deceased); and
My mother, Edith Rovick Polovin was born on December 26, 1911, in Jerusalem, Palestine, and died November 1999 in Encinitas, CA. Her parents, Morris & Sarah Leah Rovick (both born in Siedlce, Poland, c. 1877, both deceased in San Diego CA: Sarah in 1960 and Morris in 1978).
Morris and Sarah Leah Rovick bore 3 other children:
1) Max Rovick (deceased) - married to Tillie Rovick (deceased);
2) Alex Rovick (deceased in San Diego CA) - married to Edith Pakoik in Chicago, Ill (deceased San Diego CA); and
3) Abraham H. Rovick (deceased in San Diego CA, unmarried, no children).
Max & Tillie Rovick bore 2 children:
1) Allen - married Reenah and currently residing in Chicago, Ill; and
2) Thelma - married William Snow and currently residing in Brentwood CA.
Alex & Edith bore 2 children:
1) Harriet, born April 24, 1940 in Chicago, Ill. - married David Nissenbaum (deceased), and is currently residing in San Diego CA; and
2) Stuart - born 1947 in Chicago, Ill. and currently residing in Hollywood CA.
Sarah Leah Rovick was born Sarah Leah Dembowic in Siedlce, Poland, c. 1877, died 1960 in San Diego CA. Sarah had one bother, Morris (born in Siedlce, Poland, c. 1870, died c. 1950 in Brooklyn, NY), married to Edith Dembowic (deceased).
Morris & Edith Dembowic bore 5 children:
1) Doris - residing in Staton Island NY as Doris Weintraub;
2) Gloria - residing in Brooklyn NY as Gloria Rubins;
3) Max (deceased in Florida);
5) Jack (deceased c. 1970 in Encino CA) - wife Edna (deceased c. 1995 Los Angeles CA) - son Michael.
I hope that the profiles have benefitted someone's genealogy research. I would also love to hear from any long lost family.
San Marcos, CA
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|