Just received new info from the Diocese in Spain.....here is my info...updated. NOTE...there are 2 Pons lines! Would love to make contact with someone conected to one of these early lines!
Descendants of Ambrosio Carabo
Generation No. 1
1. AMBROSIO1 CARABO He married MARGARITA ROTGER.
Child of AMBROSIO CARABO and MARGARITA ROTGER is:
2. i. AMBROSIO JOSE2 CARABO, b. October 12, 1790, Mahon, Menorca, Spain; d. January 15, 1868, Mahon, Menorca, Spain.
Generation No. 2
2. AMBROSIO JOSE2 CARABO (AMBROSIO1) was born October 12, 1790 in Mahon, Menorca, Spain, and died January 15, 1868 in Mahon, Menorca, Spain. He married BENITA MARIA PONS Y BIALI April 20, 1828 in Mahon, Menorca, Spain, daughter of FRANCISCO PONS and CATALINA BIALI. She was born October 09, 1804 in Mahon, Menorca, Spain, and died September 29, 1875 in Mahon, Menorca, Spain. (Francicso Pons parents - Miguel Pons and Benita Cardona)( This is one of the Pons lines)(Catalina Biali's parents are Benito Baile and Magdelana Rafa)
Notes for AMBROSIO JOSE CARABO:
Godparents are Christofal Carabo and Esperanza Carabo.
More About AMBROSIO JOSE CARABO:
Baptism: October 12, 1790, Mahon, Menorca, Spain
Notes for BENITA MARIA PONS Y BIALI:
Godparents were Antonio Pons and Eulalia Pons of Mahon, Menorca, Spain.
(Don't know how this Antonio Pons ties into the other Pons yet either!!!)
More About BENITA MARIA PONS Y BIALI:
Baptism: October 09, 1804, Mahon, Menorca, Spain
Child of AMBROSIO CARABO and BENITA BIALI is:
3. i. AMBROSIO3 CARABO, b. February 15, 1829, Mahan, Island of Menorca, Spain; d. August 22, 1874, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Generation No. 3
3. AMBROSIO3 CARABO (AMBROSIO JOSE2, AMBROSIO1) was born February 15, 1829 in Mahan, Island of Menorca, Spain, and died August 22, 1874 in New Orleans, Louisiana. He married ANA PONS, daughter of ANTONIO PONS and MAGDELENA TAULTAVULL. She was born January 14, 1829 in Mahon, Menorca, Spain.(Antonio Pons parents - Lorenzo Pons and Magdelena Tatlavull) ( This is the other Pons line.....have found no connection to the other one...with the exception of Ambrosio' s mother being a Pons and he marred a Pons.)
Notes for AMBROSIO CARABO:
Is shown on the 1850 Census of New Orleans, Louisiana. It lists Ambroise Carbon, wife Ana, and 1 year old son, Antonio. His is listed as an "Oysterman". The 1850 New Orleans census is of the !st Ward, 3rd Municipality, which roughly translates to an area approximately 10 blocks from Canal St. left of the French Quarter and is a pie shaped area heading away from the Mississippi River bounded by Euterpe and Thalia Streets. A search of the City Directory of New Orleans for the year 1850 lists Ambrosio Carbo with a business, a Coffee House on the corner of Barrack and Royal in the French Quarter. A John Carbo is listed with the occupation of "coffee house" and an address of 96 St. Joseph St., New Orleans, Louisiana.
(See 1860 plat map of New Orleans)
More About AMBROSIO CARABO:
Baptism: February 15, 1829, Mahon, Menorca, Spain
More About ANA PONS:
Baptism: January 15, 1829, Mahon, Menorca, Spain
(Ambrosio and Ana were supposedly married on the ship coming over from Spain but no marriage records of any kind were ever found.)
Children of AMBROSIO CARABO and ANA PONS are:
4. i. BALDMERRO JOSEPH4 CARBO, b. July 28, 1861, New Orleans, Louisiana; d. July 04, 1923, Alexandria, Louisiana.
ii. FELIX CARBO.
iii. ANTOINE CARBO, b. Abt. 1849.
iv. LAWRENCE CARBO.
v. JOHANNA CARBO.
vi. JUANITA CARBO.
You can reply either to the board to direct to email@example.com
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|