There are 4 Poorman lines established with the DAR: Daniel who m1 Barbara Hofford m2 Catherine, Jacob who m. Maria Werner, John who m. Elizabeth Croxon, and Michael who m. Maria (Mary Ann) Shope.
I am in the final stage of submittiing Supplemental lines on Peter (1717-1792) who m. Mary Catherine, Stephen who m. Anna and Melchior (son of Peter 1717-1792) who m. Elizabeth Poorman (daughter of Stephen).
I need help with the documentation of the children of Peter (1717-1792). It is only necessary that I prove Melchior, but I like to prove as many of the children as I can as this might help some one else. I have good proof on Melchior, Jacob and John William, but nothing on the others. What I have was submitted to THE POORMAN FAMILY NEWS in Feb 1985 by Glenn Poorman. ( this is the only thing I have from this newsletter and don't know anything about it).
l. Jacob b 7 Jan 1742 d 10 Jan 1784 bur Shoop's Church m Maria Werner, Est. DAR line. bp 31 Jan 1742, Muddy Creek Lutheran and Reformed Ch, Warwick Twp., Lancaster Co., PA.
2 Maria Elizabeth b 14 Apr 1743 bp. Warwick Twp, Lancaster Co., (There might be more than one Muddy Creek, the one I know about is near Reamstown and I don't think that is Warwick Twp., maybe it was at one time).
3. Daniel b 31 Aug 1744 Mt. Joy Twp., Lanc. Co., PA d 18 apr 1825, Franklin Co., bur. Grindstone Hill, M1 17 Jan 1769 Barbara Hufford m2 Catherine. Est. DAR line.
4. John b ca. 1745/46 d 1 May 1778, Battle of Crooked Billet, buried there (Allen Twp.) Cumberland Co., left a widow, Mary and 5 children aged 2-10.
5. Peter b ca. 1747/1749 m Elizabeth Werner (I would especially like to prove Peter, Jr., for whom I also have a Military Record.
6 .John William d Oct 1811, Estate settlement papers, Lancaster co., PA
7. Henry d ca. 1844
8. Anna Mary b ca. 1754/1759 (From Communicants records at Christ Evang. Lutheran Ch at Elizabethtown.
9. Anna Martha b ca. 1757/1762 ( same as above) I DON'T HAVE THESE RECORDS
10. Anna Magdalena b ca. 1759/1765 (same as above)
11. Melchior b ca. 1760 Lancaster Co. PA d May 1808 (Will probate) m Elizabeth Poorman (cousin)
12. Anna Barbara b 18 Mar 1769 bp Blazer's Ch, West Donegal Twp.
13. Abraham b 17 Dec 1771, bp Blazer's Ch. I DON'T HAVE THESE RECORDS
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|