If you are unable to contact Dick POPLIN, contact me by e-mail, and I'll provide you a run-down on Alfred's branch. His wife, Martha RUSHING, was a distant cousin of mine. There is no evidence that any of their sons married Jane TARPLEY. Martha's parents were Evan (NOT Enoch!) RUSHING and Keziah MAXWELL. Evan died young, and was survived by Keziah, plus 3 daughters
1. Martha RUSHING md A L POPLIN Sr
2. Mary Emaline `Emma' RUSHING md#1 Wm DEASON md#2 James A MARR and moved to Texas CO, MO
3. Jemima RUSHING md Wm LEE and moved to Texas State
Children of Martha and Alfred were...
1. L E `Aunt Sis POPLIN md Amos M WINSETT
2. Wm Richard POPLIN md Amna Millisa Susan JACKSON
3. Marlin POPLIN apparently died young
4. Louvenia Tennessee `Tennie' POPLIN md John Theophilus TAYLOR
5. Alford Lee POPLIN Jr md Lillilan `Lillie' BATTE
6. Jefferson Davis POPLIN md Alice B TAYLOR
7. Virginia C POPLIN md Tom COOPER
8. Kiziah `Kizzy' POPLIN md Walter FARRIS
I can provide additional information if you wish, or if you cannnot contact Dick POPLIN. He descends from WM R and Amna (JACKSON) POPLIN. I can also provide additional information on Martha's sisters, mainly Emma. You might also want to search this thread down from your message, and read my reply this date to Dennis BROOKS regarding children of Alfred's father, Wm POPLIN.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|