My mother was Hattie Josephine Boyer b 1909 who married Bruce Hartzell in Old Mines. Hattie's parents were Henry Walter Boyer and Gertrude aka Sophie Donna Portell. My Gertrude and your Joseph were sisters and brother. Joseph and Pauline DeGonia Portell were Hattie's Godparents.
Zamon Portell b 1845 d 1921
+ Mary Cornelia Trokey b 1853 d 1936
married 1871. Their children were:
1. Mary Louise Portell b 1872 d 1959
+ Silas Osia
2. Augustus Zeno Portell b 1875 d 1944
+ Margaret Mary Coleman
3. Victoria Lavina Portell b 1877 d ?
+ John Jefferson Tucker
4. Nellie Portell b 1880 d 1953
+ Sam Whaley
5. Joseph Walter Portell b 1885 d 1954
+ Pauline Mary DeGonia
6. Anna Frances Portell b 1887 d 1957
+ Noah Mercille
7. Gertrude Portell b 1890 d 1918
+ Henry Walter Boyer
8. Lorena Leona Portell b 1893 d 1964
+ Samuel Mills
9. Ferdinard Napoleon Portell b 1882 d 1884
When I was a young girl, we used to visit Aunt Annie Mercille on 47, east of 21. Aunt Lorena Mills along with Aunt Victoria lived in Flat River/Elvins area. I don't know anything about the Whaley's. Have talked with a Tucker and Mercille cousins if you need more information.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|