I'm researching the Pozdol family that immigrated from Poland to Chicago, IL. I would really love to hear from anyone that is related to or has information about this family. This has been the hardest family for me to research. They don't want to give their secrets up.
I just learned that Wojciech Pozdol is the father of my husband's great great grandmother, Franciszka Pozdol Pozdolski (famiy history states she married a cousin named Casimir Pozdolski).
Wojciech Pozdol had the following children which all seemed to immigrate to the U.S. around 1890. The following information is from the notes, my husband's Aunt sent to us before she died.
1. Mary (Marianna) Pozdol married Charles or Karol Cwick/Cwiok. They had 5 children: John, Joseph, Walter, Bruno John, and Andrew Cwick/Cwiok.
2. Sophie Pozdol married Unknown Baran. She was a widow by the 1930 census. They had 5 children: Anna (married Mr. Potempa), Helen (married Mr. Caliendo), Walter, Edward and Frank Baran.
3. Eva/Evelyn Pozdol married Frank Wojcik. They had 7 children: Sophie (married Mr. Haydock), Josephine (married Mr. Bednarz), Charlotte (married Mr. Olsheski), Adeline (married Mr. Douglas), Chester, Edwin, and Irene (married Mr. Stanacker).
4. Tillie married Mr. Skrynik. She died at about age 26.
5. Joseph Pozdol. He had 7 children: Evelyn (married Mr. Richards), Stanley, Rose (married Mr. Kabat), Harriett (became Sister Mary Honesta), Joseph, Walter and Frank Pozdol.
6. Thomas Pozdol. He had at least 4 children: Mary, Helen, Joseph, and Casimir.
7. Michael Pozdol. He had at least 5 children: Mary, Peter, Joseph, Walter, and Juliana (became Sister of Charity and died in Paris, France).
8. Franciszka Pozdol, born March 9, 1880 in Poland (maybe Warsaw) and died September 3, 1936 in Chicago, IL. She married Casimir Pozdolski on September 1, 1901. Casimir was born March 4, 1880 in Poland (maybe Warsaw) and died August 3, 1941 in Chicago, IL.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|